Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi luisgamino2,

Originally posted by luisgamino2
    When i create a wall i use vray edges texture in bump map and before this realease this works ok but with the new hotfix it seems broken it looks like half segment with round corner and the other half segment with Sharp edge, almost a combination of both
    Is this what you're talking about:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	roundEdges.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1108674
    If yes, it seems like a bug - I'll log it and it'll be fixed in the next update.
    Excuse us for this inconvenience.

Originally posted by luisgamino2
    My experience with vray gpu (rtx) it works well with small scenes but when You have a heavy scene some times vray gpu can crash, buckets get stuck, diferent times in rendering, and diferent memory usage, sometimes 9 gbs or sometimes 10 gbs of vram
    The 'freezing' buckets and the memory required for the scenes to be rendered are most probably connected.
    In most cases it's not exactly the scene complexity that increases memory usage much but rather the use of Fur or Displacement.

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Yeahh this is the problem konstantin!!! the vray edge texture as You posted the image.in almost all My proyects i use vray fur for tapestry and 2d displacement for a stone wall thats why i'm having problems.

I hope for the update 2 we can have stability for vray gpu, i'm going to use the update 1 so i can finish My renders that i have to do, thanks for your support konstantin

Comment

Hi luisgamino2 ,

The round corners issue has been fixed and will make it in one of the next updates we release.

Konstantin

Comment

I tried upgrading the nvidia studio driver to latest version - 461.92 - but that didnt change anything for me. Interactive rendering still causes a freeze, every time / crashes sketchup. Zero warning messages. This is not specific to any particular scene - but here is a typical scene that will crash if i use interactive. Doing a production rendering works OK. Vision works OK. Its just the interactive that blows up. This happens when you choose CUDA. If you use CPU only, it doesnt crash. .
          https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av2WHvsgcdGUqOUt...ggkfg?e=D5PDYa
          I tried it again this time using RTX - it seemed to work OK (although other times it didnt seem to work OK). Anyhow, it was looking good this time using RTX, so i stopped it and i changed it back to CUDA and restarted the interactive render. Thats when it crashed again.
          "Unhandled exception occurred, will exit render loop"
          Last edited by leotchest; 27-03-2021, 02:57 PM.
          Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

Hi Konstantin, I downloaded and installed the driver you suggested. But the result has not changed again. (driver version is 461.09)
            Vray 5 For Sketchup 5.1.0.02
            Click image for larger version

Name:	cuda_error_5_102.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	1109413

Comment

Hi Evren,

Your issue seems to be model specific.
              Can you pack the project and share it for testing on our side?

Konstantin

Comment

Hi Konstantin,

My scenes work fine with Vray 51001. I do not think it is model sourced. I'm sending my scene to the support mail, thank you.

Comment

Hi Evren ,

Thank you for sharing the scene.
                  The issue has been logged in our system as SK-3429.
                  We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Konstantin

Comment

Hi luisgamino2 ,

The fix for the round corners issue made its way in the latest hotfix.

Evren, the SK-3429 problem should also be resolved.

Konstantin

Comment

Hi Konstantin

I tried the new hotfix 5.1.3 and the round edges works fine the problem is fixed and thank you very much for taking your time resolving this issue.
                      Last edited by luisgamino2; 19-05-2021, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Hi Konstantin,

I installed version 5.1.04. I tested it in four scenes. The result is amazing. Cuda problem is dead(GTX 1060 WITH LAPTOP). Thank you and all your engineers.

Best Regards

Evren

Comment

Working...
                        X