Ambient occlusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambient occlusion

MIght see this all wrong. But earlier I was on Vray 5 and GTX graphics. Now I am on RTX 4090 and Vray 6. What anoys me is the way vertical faces meets horisontal faces when rendering. It seems much too "flat" or "cartoonish". Before I meshed with ambient occlusion to fix that, But that menu seems to be gone. Don´t know if its´a Vray 6 thing, or my specs on PC. Can I find some workaround to get more realistisk meetings between faces ? I know decal - but that´s a lot of decals in a model to get even result on all meetings of faces. I can only find abient occlusion as an render element for post production - I don´t post edit - I keep on in V-ray untill it´s in the closet. Regards from a Vray user with okay specs - now I just need to learn

Hello kimalbech,
    Ambient Occlusion is available for CPU render engine under Global Illumination setting, but only in Advanced mode: example.

As for the GPU render engine you will have to use Ambient Occlusion render element, and you can add it in post directly in the VFB: example. Alternatively you can add Dirt or Edges textures to the specific materials you want to enhance.​
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi natalia.gruzdova
      Brilliant - exactly what I was looking for You just saved my week - thanks

Comment

natalia.gruzdova now I had the time to try your guide - GPU render, add Ambient occlusion render element post in VFB. I can´t see The ambient occlusion render element under layers in VFB ! any idea ? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-12. at 13.04.32.png
Views:	288
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	1197310

Comment

It's in the drop-down list...

Click image for larger version

Name:	AO.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1197319
          Last edited by DCHA34; 12-12-2023, 05:56 AM.
          Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
          Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
          3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
          Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
          GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

OMG - how cloud I look so carefully and NOT see :-0 Thanks DCHA34 Maybe I should go to Bed early today

Comment

Thank you for the assistance DCHA34 !
              Glad it is resolved kimalbech, make sure to get enough sleep
              Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
              X