Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Vray for 3ds have anything that Vray for SketchUp doesn't?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi luisgamino2,

The issue with generating video files automatically is the length of the rendering process.
    We basically have to wait for the whore rendering process to finish in order to assemble the frames into a video.
    If rendering a single frame takes 2 min and you have 10 seconds animation, the whole thing is going to be rendered for 10*30*2 = 600 min = 5 hours
    Now imagine that the process is interrupted midway.
    The video is not created, only halve of the frames are rendered to images on disk.
    I'd assume that at this point you'd like to continue where you left off.
    This means V-Ray has to detect that some frames have been rendered, render the rest and then assemble a video from all.

This is not a trivial thing to implement but of course there are simpler more-limited alternatives.
    I'll have a discussion about it with my colleagues and we might experiment with it.

Konstantin

Comment

I agree Konstantin this option to have a video instead of the frames looks difficult is not an easy task

I did not know that the playblast from vray for maya was a maya feature.

I really liked the playblast, but maya is much more developed than sketchup

My main concern about animation is the gigantic amount of frames just for a few seconds of animation and also the issues with missing renders.

If vray can detect after you launch a bunch of renders if some frames didnt render and render again that can be a nice begin for the animation

About the video is there a posibility to send each frame directly to chaos player.??

So you dont have a complete mess with 150 renders for example for just 5 seconds of animation.

I understand your point Konstantin this is not a trivial task

I think chaos player can be great for us Konstantin for vray for sketchup users

If it is going to be really difficult to have the video instead of frames, well in that case chaos player can help

I dont know just tick an option so vray dont save frames in our disk just send directly to chaos player

Thanks
      Last edited by luisgamino2; 29-09-2023, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by luisgamino2 View Post
        I agree Konstantin this option to have a video instead of the frames looks difficult is not an easy task

I did not know that the playblast from vray for maya was a maya feature.

I really liked the playblast, but maya is much more developed than sketchup

My main concern about animation is the gigantic amount of frames just for a few seconds of animation and also the issues with missing renders.

If vray can detect after you launch a bunch of renders if some frames didnt render and render again that can be a nice begin for the animation

About the video is there a posibility to send each frame directly to chaos player.??

So you dont have a complete mess with 150 renders for example for just 5 seconds of animation.

I understand your point Konstantin this is not a trivial task

I think chaos player can be great for us Konstantin for vray for sketchup users

If it is going to be really difficult to have the video instead of frames, well in that case chaos player can help

I dont know just tick an option so vray dont save frames in our disk just send directly to chaos player

Thanks
        I think that the problem is not in the programs themselves, nor in their tools, since each one has its limitations and other software complements it. Furthermore, each program has a particular use that makes it unique, otherwise it would have already disappeared. Like Sketchup, which is used more in the Architecture environment. Being an Architect, I have been using Sketchup for more than 18 years due to its ease of use in architectural and furniture modeling, 35 years in the construction area and it complements well with my clients, it meets my expectations by 99% with its plugins . The integration of Vray has made it more interesting. #DMax is very good, but its versatility is due to the various uses for which it was created, just like Maya. For this reason there could be no comparison.

Comment

Working...
        X