Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray gpu fur, what kind of textures should i use for thickness, lenght, gravity and bend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray gpu fur, what kind of textures should i use for thickness, lenght, gravity and bend

Hi

As the question is really clear what kind of textures should i use for the texture slot for the gravity, thickness, lenght and bend

I want to go deeper with the vray fur.

I havent see a single tutorial on how to use the vray fur in advanced way.

Using maps for textures instead of the sliders.

For vray gpu does it work?

What kind of benefits should i see using textures?? and where do i get it??

Thanks
    Last edited by luisgamino2; 31-08-2023, 01:37 PM.

Another question, Can i use a two sided material for the material of the vray fur.

All the time i use a hair material with vray fur, but i wonder how does it looks a carpet using a 2 sided material as a vray fur material.

Does it gives nice results??

Thanks

Comment

Where is the cellular map in vray for sketchup? this map is usufull for texture the vray fur

I did not find it

Again what kind of maps do you use here???

How do you use the curl in the vray fur???

Thanks

Comment

I found the cellular map

How do you use it with the vray fur??? and what about the other textures like the noise,etc.???

What kind of uses for this texture (cellular map) in other things?

How do you use cellular maps in vray

I had never use that texture in all my life

Comment

Can we see a vray fur tutorial in a depth way please??

Thanks

Comment

I cant believe what is happening!!!

the cellular map has a lot of options: plasma, cellular, dots, chips...

Each one has diiferent effects with the vray fur...This tool can really do a lot of kind of tapestry but finally i found more options with vray fur, reading, investigating, watching videos in youtube...No single video from chaos group about this amazing tool and if there is a video about that is in the very basic level. Not for advanced users.

Even if you change a bit those parameters the fur changes too.

Also i found that the curl effect looks nice too if you dont increase too much the values.

Again i cant believe it!!! What an amazing options do we have but we have to work hard and have patience in order to discover the complete posibilitys of the tools software.

What other secrets does it has vray fur...using maps like the cellulars options are really really great.

You know the software, you are how develop vray, why dont you gives us some presets with vray fur??? instead off spending hours and hours and hours achieving some kind of tapestry

We dont have the hair and fur like in 3d max, but at least bring us the complete posibilitys with vray fur with sketchup

It has a lot of options if you use textures for the maps like the noise or the cellular.

Thanks

Last edited by luisgamino2; 07-09-2023, 10:13 PM.

Comment

In the variance layer of the vray fur there is 2 options for maps

Bend direction map
              Initial direction map

Im doing some experiments and i have to say mapping this 2 options gives the tapestry a complete new look

Vray fur changes a lot when you map both options, im using cellular maps here.

This is the first time i go deeper in vray fur...But i cant understand how does it works

How does it works here the cellular maps???

Comment

As the question is really clear what kind of textures should i use for the texture slot for the gravity, thickness, lenght and bend
                You can find more information about the Fur textures, and what they do in the V-Ray for 3ds Max documentation page on VRayFur

Another question, Can i use a two sided material for the material of the vray fur.
                You can try, but the fur renders optimally when the Hair material is used.

Can we see a vray fur tutorial in a depth way please??
                I'll take note of this request.
                Sowing how grass or a carpet can be set up might be quite useful.

It has a lot of options if you use textures for the maps like the noise or the cellular.
                This is true.
                These maps are exactly what my colleagues used for the docs examples here.

Im doing some experiments and i have to say mapping this 2 options gives the tapestry a complete new look
                I agree.
                I often times add those maps with some semi-random values for more interesting variety.

Comment

Working...
                X