Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray triplanar texture questions?

Hi Konstantin

I have been working with vray over the weekend and watching videos about the triplanar texture.

This seems a really nice option for mapping complex objects, i almost dont use it because i didnt know how to use it.

I have seen some renders when the texture is mapped in the wrong way for some specific objects that they dont have map cordenates.

How do you use this texture?

What kind of advices should we know to work with this texture??

In what kind of objects should i use the triplanar texture?

A lot of People dont know about this map...Can you bring some warning in the diffuse slot...For example if you are going to map a irregular object use the triplanar texture so people have the clue to use this map.

Also sometimes when someone is mapping strange objects and the dont have time well there should be a warning so it remind your self using this map for mapping complex objects.

Even sometimes by my self is like why this looks like that???

Because i forgot to use this very usufull texture.

Maping an object is very easy for a cube or a wall since this is a regular object

But mapping a complex object like a tree can be really difficult.

Please bring some examples how do you use it in all the ways

This map has a lot of options that my self and a lot of People simply dont know how to use it or in what kind of objects do you use it?

Thanks

Luis Gamiño
    Best regards
    Last edited by luisgamino2; 17-09-2023, 09:03 PM.

I have been reading some posts here in the forum about the triplanar map.

I read too that you need to do the same with normal or bump map, the same goes for the reflection map

Can we have an option to automatically change for the bump map from normal uvs to triplanar map please.

Imagine change the size for all the maps.

This seems a really nice option but it should be automatically for all the maps.

If you change the diffuse map to triplanar map then vray should recognice automatically and then change that for normal map and the reflection map.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi,

The tri-panar texture can be used in many different situations - especially when UV unwrapping a specific object is not possible or really hard.
      There is a relatively old tutorial, part of our courseware showing the texture in action here - https://docs.chaos.com/display/CWVRA...on+4+Materials

I have been reading some posts here in the forum about the triplanar map.
      I read too that you need to do the same with normal or bump map, the same goes for the reflection map
      Can we have an option to automatically change for the bump map from normal uvs to triplanar map please.
      Imagine change the size for all the maps.​
      This is something we will look into.
      You are correct that a central projection controls per-material can be beneficial.

Konstantin

Comment

Yeahh i found really usufull this map, it helped me to have the correct texture for strange assets or assets that has a difficult geometry.

Sometimes with rare objects you can not change the texture, sketchup does not give an option to work the texture with really difficult geometry assets and the vray triplanar texture resolves that.

I tried hard this texture in the weekend and it worked nice it really helped me.

Amazing with vray that we have an option-solution for almost every single issue
        Last edited by luisgamino2; 25-09-2023, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Great to hear

Comment

Working...
          X