VrayMulti sub tex and normals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayMulti sub tex and normals.

Is there a way of getting normals to work with vraymultisubtex? Doesnt work in vray5 or latest 6
    e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

Thanks for the report. I've logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VGPU-5949) for dev investigation. It seems using a Multi/Sub-object material, where each VRayMtl has a separate Normal map works and can be used as a workaround.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for reply, I have the normal maps set up as follows, and it doesnt render in gpu...renders fine in CPU.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	normals.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	1158341

I'm pretty new to 3dsmax, so Im not sure how using a multisub object material would work, as im applying textures (not materials) to a floorgen object and need the 'faceid' component? I'm also not sure, being new to max, how im the first to report this In this case I can use bumps instead but really shouldnt have to, normalmaps should be tested as well.

On a side note, the docs say that the node is supported in gpu, it clearly isnt fully, and hasnt been in version 5 and still isnt in 6.

Comment

This is the setup I had in mind.
        Attached Files

Comment

yeah, doesnt work unfortunately..like I said, i'll use bumps for now. Thx for reply.

Comment

This is now an issue for me too. Any eta on when this will be fixed?
            James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
            Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Hi there, just want to know if theres a way to apply automatically the gamma of normal map with multisubtex, like vraybitmap does in a single map.
              Normally I use the Script Gamma Organizer to set gamma to bitmaps but it doesnt work with vraybitmaps, at least not in the free version

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	186.8 KB ID:	1203945
              Last edited by ChuckRT; 07-03-2024, 12:49 PM.
              Carlos Rodriguez
              RTstudio
              Tutorials

Comment

Is this still not supported? Having issues with normal maps in Vray Multisub texture

Comment

Originally posted by marksmanguy View Post
                  Is this still not supported? Having issues with normal maps in Vray Multisub texture
                  I'll notify the product manager about the issue to see if we can prioritize it.

Comment

Working...
                  X