VrayMulti sub tex and normals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayMulti sub tex and normals.

Is there a way of getting normals to work with vraymultisubtex? Doesnt work in vray5 or latest 6
    e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

Thanks for the report. I've logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VGPU-5949) for dev investigation. It seems using a Multi/Sub-object material, where each VRayMtl has a separate Normal map works and can be used as a workaround.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for reply, I have the normal maps set up as follows, and it doesnt render in gpu...renders fine in CPU.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	normals.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	1158341

I'm pretty new to 3dsmax, so Im not sure how using a multisub object material would work, as im applying textures (not materials) to a floorgen object and need the 'faceid' component? I'm also not sure, being new to max, how im the first to report this In this case I can use bumps instead but really shouldnt have to, normalmaps should be tested as well.

On a side note, the docs say that the node is supported in gpu, it clearly isnt fully, and hasnt been in version 5 and still isnt in 6.

Comment

This is the setup I had in mind.
        Attached Files
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

yeah, doesnt work unfortunately..like I said, i'll use bumps for now. Thx for reply.

Comment

This is now an issue for me too. Any eta on when this will be fixed?
            James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
            Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Hi there, just want to know if theres a way to apply automatically the gamma of normal map with multisubtex, like vraybitmap does in a single map.
              Normally I use the Script Gamma Organizer to set gamma to bitmaps but it doesnt work with vraybitmaps, at least not in the free version

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	186.8 KB ID:	1203945
              Last edited by ChuckRT; 07-03-2024, 12:49 PM.
              Carlos Rodriguez
              RTstudio
              Tutorials

Comment

Working...
              X