RT CUDA renders VrayLightMtl brighter than it should

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT CUDA renders VrayLightMtl brighter than it should

RT CUDA renders VrayLightMtl brighter than it should if you render with Physical Camera Exposure Control set to "active". It does this regardless of whether RT is used in Active Shade or Production Rendering mode.

Only CUDA mode seems to be affected. RT CPU and the Advanced renderer render the VrayLightMtl intensity correctly regardless of whether Physical Camera Exposure Control is set to "active" or not. I'm using Vray 3.5 Beta 1 by the way.

Please see below some screenshots + a simple scene for test. Just open it and hit render. After that render with Exposure Control disabled. Then do the same test with RT set to CPU mode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RT_CUDA_VrayLightMtl_problem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	343.6 KB
ID:	886145
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alex_M; 19-12-2016, 08:28 AM.
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Thanks for the pointer; will check it out.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

The differences come from "Compensate camera exposure" option in the VRayLightMtl. It's not working with the Exposure control in the env. settings and with the 3ds max PhysicalCamera in CUDA for now.
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
        The differences come from "Compensate camera exposure" option in the VRayLightMtl. It's not working with the Exposure control in the env. settings and with the 3ds max PhysicalCamera in CUDA for now.
        Good to know. Thanks!
        Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Working...
        X