• Show
Clear All

Ivaylo, dankeschön.
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

I am searching for specific plastic.
      Specifically this black one:
      https://s3.paultan.org/image/2017/01...dition-3-1.jpg
      It is really hard to go through all the black plastics and finding the right pattern to see if it was scanned. Takes up so much time. After downloading and putting stuff to my library, the preview images are so small that I dont know which was which anymore, somtimes.
      We need QUICKLY a new interface, please!
      Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
      www.AddYourLight.com
      Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

you can use the attached viewer to see the material without rendering, actually this is the sample from the vrscans sdk, so don't be puzzled with the name
        Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Comment

nice! thanks! is there a way to make the preview window bigger?
          Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
          www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

of course, but not now, this tool is built with the old build system that is already not supported and i can't modify it immediately to use the new one, so perhaps when we finish the most prioritet tasks
            for now you can use the zoom, it's not the same as big window but is enough to recognize the similar materials

Comment

It has been very quiet...
              It was in December when I spoke to Gavril about the library not getting enough updates, the GUI of the download page and much more.
              We got a lot of fabric scans, which is nice.
              To be honest, most of them I cant use on things like a sofa. The scans are too small and visibly tile.
              Not a lot of updates other than that.
              Even though there is such a huge potential...
              Would love to get some materials like marble...and I think it is already a year or more when we were talking about different holograms, and you said you would try to get a sample from a local store.

what is in the works or plans?
              www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Big part of the library was scanned before the service official start, when we still were in R&D phase. As already mentioned, currently we have a lot of payed orders and we have no free resources, that is not an acceptable excuse, but hopefully it's just for the moment. Currently our efforts are directed mostly to build a line for device production, that actually was and still is our main goal. This will improve the entire situation significantly - the big customers preffer to have their oun devices instead to send samples to us (in a big corporation this is a big problem), the flow of payed orders will decrease, on the other hand we will be not limited by the available devices, and the last, and may be the most important - we will be able to focus to the library.

Comment

Update - i just spoke with the guy operating the device, and we discussed this question. I think we can find some time slots for regular small updates to the library with materials that are not branded (like brushed metals, marble, some stones, etc)

Comment

great update recently! one can really see how everything is changing after asking so many times!

ps: sorry for being sarcastic (usually not my style) but it is a little tiring asking again and again and being promised updates and they are just not happening.
                    www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post
                      ps: sorry for being sarcastic (usually not my style)
                      Not a problem at all, fortunatelly we are still not fragile in our part of the world
                      Well, to define my words as "promisses" is not too accurate, as i already said, currently we are focused to the putting the devices in production, and this takes all our efforts. Let us finish this part (we are near to the end) and then can give real promisses.

Comment

Haha, great to hear you're taking it humourously.
                        anyway, sure, you said you think you can find time.
                        And these plans are plans, not promises:
                        https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...y-update-01-19
                        But I take your statements seriously, and not just something that is said lightly.

What's the ETA for finishing the devices?
                        www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post
                          What's the ETA for finishing the devices?
                          Ahah, this is easy to answer, considering it's hardware prototypes development: as long as it takes to get it ready. ^^
                          Lele
                          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                          ----------------------
                          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hopefully in two months. But i still will push my coworkers to scan small updates when possible.

Comment

Don't push too hard, we don't want them to fall over the new machines
                              www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Alright, so it has been over a year since I started this request. I just checked it today: Nothing has changed. Absolutely nothing! I can not say how disappointed I am. The library never got any relevant update in a year.
                                https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Working...
                                X