Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build

I confirm crash with HDR on windows.
Create a new scene, put a light material with hdr to a sky object and launch the render from VFB, crash

it seems there are Gi problems even with the Beta version. Try all of dafult. The problem is solved with "animation (flicker free) but it is extremely slow.
I attach the file

thanks


Gi problem.c4d (210 KB)

Reproduced! I’m on it now! :slight_smile:

well, I hope will be resolved soon because now I can not use the beta version, in all my scenes i always use hdr :smiley:
in the meantime use the Alpha 6.3 version

thanks

I just uploaded a new version with modified package for macOS (link is the same). I removed detection of CINEMA 4D demo because it effectively doubles the size of the package but when no full version is detected installer shows dialog where installation path can be changed now.

Hi, just installed the new MacOS package you uploaded, but it seems it is not fixed (at least not on my machine). Please see the attached screenshot of how I installed it. I did look at my install directory and it did place the “corona” folder in:

Macintosh HD > Applications > MAXON > CINEMA 4D R18 > plugins folder.

The files it placed in that folder are also attached as a screenshot.

Thanks!
Matt


Win10_Beta1_c4dr18

With a simple sphere 64 segments and reflect material, sky with hdr light material = does not crash.
With a simple sphere 512 segments and reflect material, sky with hdr light material = does not crash.
With same setup but with sphere under subdivision surface = crash.

Win10, c4dr18.041, beta1 clean install

Hdri and simple cube:

  • create a sky object, add a material with hdri in diffuse = no crash
  • Scene environnement, override c4d environnement with a hdri in diffuse = no crash

Same scene but with 1 matrix extrude cube = no crash
Same scene but with 2 matrix extrude cube = no crash
Same scene but with 3 matrix extrude cube = crash

A lot of crashes appeared when older scenes are opened in Beta 1. When UI is changed in CINEMA 4D plugin the way of storing of settings in the scene is automatically changed too (this is how CINEMA 4D works) and this causes the crashes. We are writing migration code right now and we are also improving the code that non-migrated settings will not crash the CINEMA 4D. Next daily build with fixes (or the first batch of them will be released on Wednesday).

Direct visibility override crash

See attachement.
projet_test.rar (4.83 MB)

Try to matrix extrude your cube 3 times and it will crash. Without hdri doesnt crash.

Without hdri ? there isn’t hdri in the scene.. The backplate is just a .jpg
direct visibilty override dont work with a cube, or a complexe scene.. (both with sun and sky)
Frontal, cubic, spherical, it crash.

Before i would like to apply for Beta1 Daily builds, i would like to know if Corona Distribution Rendering (better/faster version of Teamrender) is already available?

It doesn’t seem to matter what scene I use. I’ve been using the shaderball scene from corona-materials.de for many months now without issue but now I get the problem as already mentioned. Also that still doesn’t solve why when reverting back to A6.3 the problem continues, yet was perfectly fine pre beta 1 install.

Aha, interesting…

That would seem like there’s some leftover from the beta1 in your Cinema plugins folder. Did you uninstall Beta1 correctly? Worst-case, you can always erase the corona folder in your C4D plugins directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\MAXON\17\plugins\corona) and re-install A6.3

I’ll try what you’ve mentioned. In the meantime i tried beta1 again, so here is one of many files that crash. Cheers

***Corona was uninstalled add remove programs, all related folders were deleted from the maxon plugins folders. Re-installed A6.3 but still get a Cinema crash. :frowning:
Shaderball for beta1.rar (8.57 MB)

I don’t understand why that would be happening… But we’ll find out together. Let me look at your scene with a fresh A6.3 install. Meanwhile - do you have the _BugReport.txt for us?

So your scene does crash even for me. I will look into this tomorrow. Thank you for your cooperation and patience! :wink:

No probs, Unfortunately it doesn’t generate a bug report. It’s very strange because all these scenes would render without any issue prior to the beta install.

Yes sorry the backplate jpg. I’ve tried to render in viewport and doesnt crash. With complex scene crash. Maybe a memory problem?