at the moment i’m back to version Corona3 because i have some work in progress, i’ll be back to build 4 soon and i’ll update you.
Thank you
Thank you for your help Fabio. Don’t delay your work because of bug reporting, that’s understandable.
Hi Houska,
just switch to another camera and reset the tone mapping in IR to default?
Hmm, you are right, it really behaves in a weird way! Just cube + light + 2x Corona Camera in the scene and when I’m playing with the tone mapping settings in the VFB, the values in both cameras are somehow changed, although only the value in the active camera should change… We’ll take a look at it
Hi Houska, where would you like the separate bug reports posted? It might be nice to have a bug report category for the betas so they don’t get put in the regular bug report thread and confuse people using the release version.
-Shane
Hi Shane, I’m afraid the betas are offered without support. If you encounter a bug, it would be best to test it in the newest daily build (or at least the current stable version) and if it is present in those versions, report it. It is however technically not feasible to port bug fixes to older versions for us.
Hi Houska, I think you may have misunderstood what I am suggesting. You requested instead of posting bugs in the Beta thread to create a new thread. Putting beta bug reports in the general bug reports will be confusing for the release version users. Below is the idea I am proposing.
Corona Renderer Forum
Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D
general
Daily Builds
Beta Bug Reports
Hi!
What Houska was saying though was that reporting a bug that exists in a beta version is not something useful - a bug is only useful if it exists in the current release, as that is the only place we can fix bugs. Beta versions are “locked in” and any bugs in those will have to remain there, as we can’t bug fix those. So, if you discover a bug in a beta, you would need to test the current release and see if the same bug is there, and if so, report it under a new thread as normal. If the bug is gone in the current release, then no need to report it, as there is nothing we can do about its presence in the beta version.
Thanks!
Tom
EDIT - in other words, beta versions are provided “as is” with no support.
Oh, I see. What you’re calling beta is actually a daily build. Sorry for my confusion. BTW, it seems that you confused Tom the same
But I think I understand now.
I think a special daily build bug report section would just confuse things. Just think what we would have to do when a daily build changes into a stable version… Instead, I suggest putting all the daily bugs into the bugs section here on the forums, but marking it clearly as such. Something like “DAILY” into the topic would be enough.
Hi Tom, I think this more is being read into my note then intended. I understand everything you are both saying. My question is in direct response to Houska asking for daily build bug reports being placed in a new thread.
There is no good place that I can see to do that.
-Shane
Yes!
Currently all discussions referring to the Daily go into a single thread that is very difficult to sift through. Maybe section for daily discussions?
Thanks,
-Shane
Now that I think about it, we can simply create a new section for each new daily build version: “Corona 4 Daily Build bugs”, “Corona 5 Daily Build bugs”, etc… But I think a better place would be to place it under the bugs section.
exactly the procedure is this, in a scene with many cameras set with its own values, in IR selecting a different camera the values all return to 0.
It would be very useful if it were fixed, because every time to avoid this I have to stop IR, select a different camera and then re-launch IR
Thanks ![]()
Just one doubt guys, i’ve already posted this issue before. Just wondering if this is a particular case, or everyone else has the same issue.
After working with “Node Edited Materials” I can only preview them rendering directly to the VFB or IR . If I render directly in the viewport. the texture simply disappears and renders black.
Is this a known issue.. will it be fixed? … since I use node editor a lot. It’s a flaw on my workflow.
thanks in advance.
Just one doubt guys, i’ve already posted this issue before. Just wondering if this is a particular case, or everyone else has the same issue.
After working with “Node Edited Materials” I can only preview them rendering directly to the VFB or IR . If I render directly in the viewport. the texture simply disappears and renders black.
Is this a known issue.. will it be fixed? … since I use node editor a lot. It’s a flaw on my workflow.
thanks in advance.
Hi, without seeing your node setup I’d say that this might be caused by using the Corona Shared Shader? If that’s the case, yes it is a known bug and the remedy would be to not use this until a fix is implemented. If you can share your node setup that would be great!
@beanzvision thats exactly the problem. as stated before on my bug report.
The problem is that most of time the Corona Shared Shader is generated automaticaly. is there any schedule to fix that issue? At least for me makes a huge difference.
thanks
Spinning beachball and freeze while editing a material with material editor. (also with material node editor) Even the most simple diffuse color change hangs Corona for >10sec. After the first hang it become more responsive but when creating a new material the freeze is back.
Also C4D startup fase while loading plugins is extreme slow (same problem I guess)
I would like to submit it as a DAILY bug, but don’t know where, so I made a video showing the issue. (also, because it doesn’t crash I can’t send a bug-report)
This behaviour is in both Daily Build 2019-02-20 and Daily Build 2019-03-14 on: MacOS 10.14.4 - MBP2018 - Intel i7 2.2Ghz 6core - 16GB ram - Radeon ‘Pro’ 555 X - C4D R20.059 - C4D EDU license - Corona 45 day trial license
Frank
see attached video
Im also have problem with freezing and I cant click anything and my cpu (Cinema 4D) have 100% load through few, dozen sec.
something wrong with CoronaColorCorrection map and saturation spinner/Now this work as Hue spinner ![]()
something wrong with CoronaColorCorrection map and saturation spinner/Now this work as Hue spinner
Are you sure? Can you post a screenshot? I tried this in 3.2 hotfix and in March 14th 4.0 daily and both of them worked fine…