Corona Renderer 4 for Cinema 4D daily build

Is there any progress with this bug? Thank you!

One more possible bug. I attach a small scene here with an orange material.
Its behaviour with the native C4D renderer considering both the colour channel but more importantly the Bump channel compared to the Corona translation of the native material differs greatly. Is the expected?

orange.c4d (278 KB)

When Should we expect the Full Release for V4?

Hi,

I can’t activate last daily build (period expired for this computer):frowning:
I have tested install beta2 but i have error 14

All betas have now expired, the latest official release is V3 hotfix 1 as listed on our download page. For those that have an active subscription they can use their customer zone details (email/password) to activate or if you haven’t used it already, you can choose the 45 day free trial. This should also work for the daily builds. You may need to remove the license and activate again from the Corona about splash screen to initiate the demo period. Let’s us know how you get on. :wink:

I do not have a subscription and the 45-day period is over.
I deleted the license and tried again but I still can’t activate.

I checked on the site if there was a version available, as for the alpha6 of 3DSmax. But I didn’t see any.

It will only activate again if the trial period hasn’t already been used. Which it has as you’ve mentioned. Unfortunately, your only option at this point is a subscription. As the betas were free whilst in development we decided to give users a “second go” at the software ie: 45 day trial. This was so they could try out the new features and if liked, a subscription would follow. But, not everyone wants to pay for things, myself included. Beer should be free in my opinion :wink:

With that said though, there will be a free version for Cinema 4D. It will also be similar to the Alpha 6 version the Max users have access to. And also, it will be limited by its features. Again, like the 3ds Max Alpha. As to what will be in there I cannot say (I simply don’t know) and when it will be released is still in the works.

It might be an idea to sign up for a newsletter as I’m sure this will be mentioned when released. You can add your email at the bottom of this link https://corona-renderer.com/ :wink:

If the beer becomes free, you will get my share since I don’t drink it :smiley:
As I said a few months ago, 3D is casual for me (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/ Corona 3 Release License Question .msg141349#msg141349) and my means do not allow me a subscription that would only serve me from time to time.

Hi all,

We just released another daily build.

Download link:

Changelog:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/ Corona Renderer 4 for Cinema 4D daily build - Changelog #msg145657

Thanks for the new build.

I am having the same issue as the previous build, when I install it give a message current version already installed, skipping this version

Not sure if you need feedback but the “Arbitrated (experimental)” TR does not work for me. 10 min after I start using it my render window is still black.
1 min after I start in the “automatic” mode the image start to appear

The current and last version of the daily builds have been unusable for us.

Cinema takes an extremely long time to start/shutdown sometimes I get the beachball for over a minute. Create my first material and it will lockup again 30-60 seconds. I can work with the material for a bit without issue until I click on another material or create a new one then it will lockup again.

My coworker has the exact same symptoms on his computer. I have tested in on Cinema 17-20 and the problem is the same on all version.

OSX 10.13.6
Cinema 20
Corona 2019-03-14

Thanks,
-Shane

yes, I too, practically using the IR I was experiencing many sudden crashes without signaling an error and closing Cinema. This in many scenes.
I’m back to the official version 3.

Hi All,

Me too. Lately I have had (not crashes) but constant spinning wheels while clicking or creating new materials. No crash, so I can’t re-open from bug-report which is super annoying. Lost two hours of work (my own fault for not saving!). Happy WKND ALL :smiling_face_with_sunglasses::folded_hands:

hi guys,
any plans on adding render region feature when rendering with a spherical camera?

Update to my original post #50. I just updated my OS X to 10.14.3 and am still experiencing very slow startups and Cinema hanging for 20+ seconds after creating or editing a material. I removed all plugins except Corona with no improvement.

Thanks,

-Shane

editing Materials is painfully slow, especially in the node editor and even if we set the Material Preview Quality to 0.1 or something. When IR is running in parallel, it is basically unusable :confused:

Hi,

during the IR, changing the camera the settings are lost. Can it be solved in the future?

I agree, slow and IR unusable for material creation. Some shaders are still losing textures(you will find out when rendering), Variation shader cannot be copied in node editor, black previews or no previews etc. etc.

Sorry, but many bugs and slow development for C4D, my opinion, I’m just a user :frowning:

Thanks to everyone for all the comments and complaints! They are very valuable to us to be able to catch all the bugs that often do not appear during our testing. Without testing and user reports there will be a lot more bugs!

I would like those of you with serious issues and/or crashes to provide more detailed reports in separate threads so that we have more information to fix them. Steps that lead to reproduction of the crash are a must (or at leasr, describe what you were doing before it crashed - what you clicked, etc…), the crashing scene is very helpful and of course, the _BugReport.txt

Thanks for your continued support!

Could you send us reports for those crashes, Fabio? That would really help us. Thank you in advance!