Nvidia DLSS 5 is a real-time 3D-Guided Neural Rendering technology that infuses rendered game pixels with photorealistic lighting and materials in computer games.
Neural Rendering: Unlike older DLSS versions that focused mainly on upscaling resolution or generating extra frames, DLSS 5 generates realistic lighting, shadows, and material properties at the end of the rendering pipeline.
Inputs: It analyzes color, motion vectors, and optional developer-provided masks from standard rendered frames.
This is an official DLSS 5 video:
Here is more detailed how it works:
Since DLSS 5 is a filter, it can work with any image or video source, not just computer games. DLSS 5 Visual Enhancer is an open-source program to apply DLSS5 filter on images and video. You will need any NVidia RTX video card with latest video driver to work with it. I use Studio Driver 616.92
It would be great to have such filter in VRay VFB.
P.S. I just figured out that I probably wrote into wrong topic. I wanted to add my rendered images and same renders with filter applied, but I cannot find how to attach images to the message.