I recently had to model a client’s existing home with added curb appeal to the front exterior. Designed a new Palladian style window along with several other elements to this traditional farmhouse.
There ya go you learn something new everyday! haha.
Not necessarily. In classical architecture, the rule is to align the neck of the column to the face of the bottom of beam and any exposed top of column would then have metal flashing to protect from water damage (usually copper).
… could you please share a visual impression (any screenshot) of the used texture material ?
(even if I don’t understand the enscape procedure yet, I understand your remark about photoshoping )
Here is a sample image of how to materialize wet/moisture onto an albedo with roughness map. Essentially you have the ability to adjust the threshold of the liquid plane onto the surface of the albedo/displacement and it’ll produce a fairly realistic result based on height map.
Steven Garubba, this is an impressively good example for that roughness thing - Thanks !!
OK - Where your roghness map is completely black (or at least very dark), the result in the render is completely smooth and reflective then?
And I wonder that not even the bumping effect remains visible in these zones 8| :?: and the result looks like a flat puddle of water!
… to “annoy” you a little bit more , could you please show me the Enscape material setting of this rougness map
Yes, I am using Quixel Mixer to create custom materials! I created Albedo, Normal map, and Roughness from here.
And yes, I’m using Skatter on a multiple grass models!
Thanks! I encourage you to try out the program, its free!
Once you have the layers adjusted to how you want them, the program recognizes the liquid layer as a puddle and exports the normal maps accordingly to the variation of heights/layers. This avoids the plastic look of wet materials. I don’t need to adjust the roughness once it is in enscape.