How do I edit the material of enscape Assets? Especially Lights

Hi,

I’ve been playing around with enscape recently and loving it so far.

In Chaos Cosmos, there is an option to merge the assets with the vray material editor. And then we get access to the materials of those chaos cosmos assets.

Unfortunately, I didn’t find this option in enscape.

Is it possible to adjust the materials of enscape assets such as downlights?
I would like to make it emissive and show up in the renders.

Rename your material like - YOURMATERIAL Emissive -

Yes, but I don’t get access to the material since it is part of enscape asset library.

@manishpaulsimon It’s not currently possible. Its on the development agenda for the spring time release.

1+1=)))


You can recreate that spotlight easly with sketchup.

Has there been an update on this? Can we adjust the fabric on pieces of assets so we can control them?

Hi @ereznechek and welcome to our Forum.

While it will depend on the Asset itself, if you haven’t already feel free to check out our Adjustable Assets feature (added 2023) which is furthermore showcased here in one of our prior blog articles as well.

In case you have any additional specific Asset requests or feature requests generally then you can gladly forward them via our Chaos Enscape Ideas Portal as detailed here for our product management team to discuss.

https://youtu.be/YwQ_RFVM66Q?si=DVbwIs4FX1eJxNbO&t=67

There is a workaround for this problem; perhaps you’re interested.