Multiple GPU issue

I have been using enscape with revit for a while with no issues. Yesterday afternoon I got an error message, attached below. Have followed the link to ‘disable integrated GPU’ but the problem persists, and set revit to operate on dedicated GPU. Have updated the NVIDIA driver, downgraded to a previous Enscape version, and created a simplified version of the Revit file I was using in the case that it was too large to run smoothly. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Specs: MSI Pulse GL66 12th gen Intel i7, NVIDIA 3070, 32gig ram, 2TB SSD, Revit 2020.2, Enscape 3.3.1 +75071.

Thanks!

Hi @RoccoBatt , thanks for also submitting a report via the dialogue at hand alongside posting here and welcome to our Forum. You mentioned that you’ve “set revit to operate on dedicated GPU” but have you also tried the general solution at the bottom here disabling the Intel on-board graphics entirely:

https://learn.enscape3d.com/blog/knowledgebase/multi-gpu-issues/#dis_int

If you haven’t already, this would be worth trying as well. Otherwise if that makes no difference or you’ve done this already please let me know.

@Demian_Gutberlet Yes, I’ve also disabled the onboard intel graphics, so everything is set to run on the NVIDIA card but am still experiencing this issue.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. We’ll continue to investigate this with the help of your report. You’ll receive a further response/solution via e-mail very soon.

@Demian_Gutberlet Have you had another chance to look into this issue? I’m still having the same issues

I’m having the same issue. I’ve sent multiple reports/requests for support but I haven’t received a response in 2 weeks.

@Demian_Gutberlet is the development team actively working on a fix for this bug?

My colleague is about to send you further instructions via e-mail / your case very soon so kindly stay tuned. Please also kindly keep in touch with her in case this will not resolve your problem at hand.

I want to apologize for the delay in this regard. This is still being investigated by our developers and is tied to a different cause (not a multi-gpu problem), but you can expect a further reply soon too in any case.

@jabarig , meanwhile and pardon the double reply:

As you seem to experience basically the same problems as detailed here (but with Revit 2023): https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Schema-Conflicts-with-DatasmithRevitExportSettings-and-DataStorageUniqueId-in-Revit-2024-1.html

Is there perhaps any chance for you to (even just temporarily) upgrade to Revit 2024.1.1? Currently you are still using Revit 2023 which shouldn’t have this issue, but since you mentioned that you’ve also recently upgraded the specific model with which you experience this it might be worth a try if possible. If you have the time, resources and access to Revit 2024 that is.

Otherwise if this isn’t possible at all, kindly stay tuned for any further messages from us. Perchance though we may come to the conclusion that upgrading to Revit 2024.1.1 may be the most valid workaround here, we’ll let you know.

Hi Demian,

I’ll try temporarily upgrading to 2024, now. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Unfortunately, the upgrade didn’t help. I’m getting the same error in 2024.1.1. I’ll email a report.

@Demian_Gutberlet I followed your colleagues’ steps, including updating enscape to the latest version and updating the Revit model from 2020 to 2023 and the issue is persisting. I have sent feedback with all log files.

@Demian_Gutberlet I sent another report with logs from 2024. Any updates?

My colleague has also gotten back to you via the existing report of yours. There are further questions you may kindly reply to (via e-mail of course), after which we should be able to troubleshoot this further. Thank you in advance.

My bad Demian! Yes, I see the email. It’s good to know this has been registered as a bug. I’ll reply via email from here on out. Thank you!!

Just an FYI - we are getting the same error on one of our projects in 2024.1.1. The project was initially in 24.1 and had the schema errors that came with that patch. We sent the file to Autodesk to have them repair the schema errors (which they did), but we are still unable to open Enscape in this particular project.

@Demian_Gutberlet Should we also submit some kind of report/ticket, or just stay tuned here for updates?

We also have resolved schema errors within our models and have tested within Revit 2024.2. We have high confidence that all schema conflicts have been resolved within our models, but are still seeing this issue within using Enscape.

Same here, and we have had a team that has been essentially unable to use Enscape at all since August. Went through the steps with Autodesk after being told here that it was related to their schema issues and now that it’s finally done they are saying to look back here for assistance. Extremely frustrating…