Hi,
I am trying to render a lamp I designed. I spent a lot of time in Sketchup and the live render window tweaking the model and the materials to get the “glow” of the lamp looking like I want it. But when I go to output a final render, the effects that I spent a lot of time on are not there in the final rendered image. Attached is a screenshot of what the scene looks like in the live Enscape window while I’m working in SKetchup, and the other image is the rendered image. I am trying to give the lamp the look that it is made of translucent plastic, and there is an internal light source at the top that fades in brightness as it goes from top to bottom. I am able to get a nice gradient when working in Sketchup. But then the rendered image shows a much more abrupt transition.
How can I go about getting the rendered image to look more like the working render screen? I have tried tweaking the model and materials so it looks right in the final rendered image. But I just can’t seem to get it looking like it does in the Enscape live render window. It keeps coming out with the harsh transition no matter what I try.
OR if you have any suggestions for how I should model it and the types of materials I should use, I’m all ears.

