Phoenix 2.2 Nightly builds

Hey all,

We are preparing for a release of Phoenix 3.0 for 3ds max and Maya and we will no longer produce nightly builds for Phoenix 2.2 so that we can prepare the new licenses and finalize the builds. When the releases are out, there will be new nightly builds for Phoenix 3.0.

Cheers!

Any idea what the upgrade price will be? :slight_smile: Or is that a bit early to say

The sales guys are figuring it out currently :slight_smile:

looking foward to it!
(i really really hope you make some more tutorials and documentation)

we just purchased V2.2. I hope there will not be any extra charge for the update..

Hey,

I’m afraid since it will be a major release and not just a service pack, there will be some upgrade cost. You should request access to the 2.2 nightlies though - there are many improvements there over the official 2.2 release.

Cheers!

I have a project coming up at the end of the month that I am looking at getting Phoenix for, when is the new release planned, should I wait?

We’re targeting mid-September for 3ds max and Maya.

Looking forward to it - I’ve been really impressed with the whole development of Phoenix, and being able to have access to the nightlies.

that’s great news!

I thought I lose my access to nightly until I read this thread.

Congrats! thank you for hard working and made this great tools!

hi,
what`s the chance of getting the last available nightly build for 2012 but for vray 2.5 ? i`m not sure the vray3 or scanline version works with 2.5 and the nightlies didn`t seem to include that version. have to keep 2012 around for old files (not to mention backburner went to balls after 2012 with the endless crashing) as we`ve had some issues with rendering.
only i presume your dropping compatibility with the new release ?
thanks
anthonyh

Hey,

Indeed, I’m afraid we dropped it several months ago from the nightlies and most code that kept compatibility with V-Ray 2.x is now gone, as it became increasingly troublesome to keep it compiling and working properly. The only thing I can suggest is to grab the latest nightly that had V-Ray 2.x support - I can dig out the exact date if you need it…

Cheers!

well if you can find it that would be great, there`s rather a lot of directories to scan 8)
thanks
anthonyh

No problem - it was Feb 23, build ID 26655, when the last nightly with 2.x support came out.

Cheers!

great thanks
anthonyh