Phoenix fluid dynamics

I am very interested in the new Phoenix fluid dynamics that you are working on.
Are there already some screenshots of the UI or some renderings online?

I have been toying with fumeFx which i find difficult to use because there are too many parameters,
and i didnt like that it always wrote so much cached data to the harddrive.

Will it be like that with containers that are divided into little cells?
What are the main differences to FumeFX?

isnt pheonix that old thing the had ages ago? way before aura?

There’s info here:

Wow! is this is going to be development based on Aura or totally new product?
Finally we’ll get volume fluid system, that is 100% supported by VRay.

I’m really waiting to see where this goes and to be part of beta team. :slight_smile:

-LarsSon

Anyone receive beta team confirmation yet? The form said we would get a reply within 48 hours???

It is completely different code from Aura; we basically started from scratch.

Anyone receive beta team confirmation yet? The form said we would get a reply within 48 hours???This should have been “two business days”, I guess. The guys will be quite swamped with requests initially :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Vlado

3D Envy

Exciting news…for 3ds Max owners. You guys get all the toys first. :wink:

Well at least I wont have to export Blender Fluids anymore.

Thanks the heads up Vlado :slight_smile:

Yes it’s been a long time since Aura.
When I applied for the Phenix Beta I didn’t get a “you have now applied to the beta” message. I only got the same page reloaded blank. So I’m not sure I got my request submitted. But I’ll wait a few more days before I do a new request.

I’m pretty anxious to find out as well…would be really cool to be a part of the birth and growth of the software.

yes I also signed up and haven’t received word either way. Really looking forward to it.

Got my NDA emailed yesterday. Is it okay if we fax these signed back or does it need to be snail mailed?

usually they ask me to fax them

I emailed but no reply so far.
Crosses fingers :slight_smile:

These are very long 72 hours :slight_smile:
I’ll just have to keep rolling my thumbs since there is absolutely nothing else to do. ta dum ta dum ta dum.
Smack! Back to work you dreamer.

I’ve got a reply…negative…but I’ve got it…

well its good to hear replies are getting out. they must have been swamped with tonnes of requests to go through

i just got handed a script where ive got to do a burning house. would be awsome to test pheonix on it

Any update on this? I faxed my NDA back a couple days ago. Will there be a separate subforum like aura had for posting images, issues, bugs etc?