Rhino 5 -> Rhino 6 -> material chaos

Hi,

if I open a file at Rhino 6, than I doesn’t get the materials like at Rhino 5.

(Enscape 2.5.0.50)

-Micha


Rhino 5 - 6.zip (885 KB)

@Micha - I can’t reproduce this. When I open the project file, that you posted, in Rhino 6 the materials are shown.

They are listed as Custom Type materials in Rhino 6. If this is not working for you, wouldn’t this be a Rhino issue anyway?

Or have I misunderstood what you mean?

Very strange - first problem: I selected the front glass wall objects and at Rhino 5 the material is named “glass.doorwall”, but at Rhino 6 is shown “/Glass”.

I think, you are right, it’s better I ask the Rhino team, since this it’s basic Rhino functionality only.

Thank you,

Micha

@Demian_Gutberlet @Pete_Chamberlain I got no answer at the McNeel side yet but it seems to be a serious problem.

One year before I created a scene at Rhino 6. Today I opened to check it and I found, some materials got the “plugin” flag enabled at the object properties and are not connected to the material at the Rhino material editor anymore. A dark reflective plastic is a non reflective pink now. It looks like there is a problem with the plugin ID, old scenes setups are destroyed. I will send a file per email to Demian.

I got an idea now and disabled VfR from the plugin list and … all materials are like they should be. So, Vray cause material trouble at Enscape. Now I will ask at the right team to solve the problem. :wink:

Thanks for the project and heads up @Micha . Let me know in case you require any further information from us. :slight_smile: