Vray for Revit with GTX 1080 Graphics Card Not Working

Hello

Has anyone tried using a GTX 1080 card with Vray for Revit.

I don’t think the Cuda core engine is working properly.

I called Nvidia and they said to try to reinstall the graphic drivers which I did but that did not help.

Then they said to reinstall Revit so I download a trial version of Revit 2017 and then reinstalled Vray for Revit.

That did not solve the problem either.

Can some please help me fix this problem.

Attached is my result after 30 minutes of rendering in draft mode.

The software rendering never finishes I have to stop the program.

The software log keeps showing this message

V-Ray: Noise threshold lowered to 0.012500 with 17.0 percent active pixels.
V-Ray: Noise threshold lowered to 0.012195 with 17.7 percent active pixels.
V-Ray: Noise threshold lowered to 0.011905 with 17.4 percent active pixels.
V-Ray: Noise threshold lowered to 0.011628 with 17.3 percent active pixels.
V-Ray: Noise threshold lowered to 0.011364 with 17.1 percent active pixels.
V-Ray: Noise threshold lowered to 0.011111 with 17.1 percent active pixels.
V-Ray: Noise threshold lowered to 0.010870 with 16.8 percent active pixels.
V-Ray: Noise threshold lowered to 0.010638 with 17.0 percent active pixels.
V-Ray: Noise threshold lowered to 0.010417 with 17.1 percent active pixels.

Below shows my RT settings.


This is because you have zeros for all limiting values. You have to set at least one of them to let V-Ray know, when you want the render to finish - Max render time/Max paths per pixel/Max Noise).

You can try with Max Noise = 0.005 and Max Paths Per Pixel = 10000 set together.

Hello Peter

Thanks for your reply.

I tried your recommendations but the rendering did not stop. It continued to render I stopped it after 42 minutes when it went below .005.

Please see picture.

I also tried Max Noise = 0.1 and Max Paths Per Pixel = 1000 set together and that did not stop the rendering after it went below .1.

Here are my engine settings.

Do you have any other recommendations.


It seems we are going to need more information.
I just tested this on my PC:

Everything seemed to work on my end





Hello Shane thank you for helping me out.

I think I figured it out.

I had my channels setting off but once I turn them on the rendering stopped by itself once the threshold setting was reached.

Can you upload your channel settings to verify.

Here are mine.

I found these settings last night from this YouTube video at 15 seconds.

Can you tell me how long your computer took to render?

Mr Revit

Hmm, my channel settings are at default.

It took approx 30 minutes for me to render my scene but I can improve that by
unplugging the monitors from the 1080 and using my cpu for desktop, and then dedicating the 1080 to rendering

I’m not entirely sure what other setting would affect the RT timeout though

Very strange.

Can we get a comment from Chaos Group as to the appropriate settings for Channels.

Does Channels need to be turned on.

Mr Revit

It’s working fine for me on a GTX1070. No channels active.



Channels don’t affect RT time. Turning them on/off depends only on your design intentions.

Ana

What settings do you recommend for channels?

Thank you .

As I said, it depends on what you want to do with the image.
If you are planning to post process it, then you can turn some of them on.
You can read about channels here: Chaos Docs

Ana

I am very new to Vray and have never used it before thus reading the channel help section does not give me starting values.

Can you give us your professional opinion as to how we should approach channel settings.

Thank you.

Are you using any compositing program? If not, then you don’t need to enable any of the channels.
In this section of V-Ray help there is a good explanation of what channels (aka render elements) are and when we use them: Chaos Docs

I see some noise.

The channel option really does clean it up very fast.

I set it the max noise to .1 which produced a very fast render.

I turned on the channel options and used the GPU.

To Six8

I see some noise in your render.

The channel option really does clean it up very fast.

I set it the max noise to .1 which produced a very fast render.

I turned on the channel options and used the GPU.[/QUOTE]