Hey guys,
sorry just hijacking this thread 2 secs.
I wanted to see how the GPU would work on this one.
it’s actually not bad at all :
Considering the Light Cache took 42 seconds
It’s “only” a difference of about a minute between my cpu and my gpu.
The noise threshold didn’t work well in RT so I’ve set max paths per pixel instead at 512, not sure if it’s more or less than the actual benchmark.
I had to delete the sofa falloff and tweak the ground mat as the GPU was not working with the actual setup, hope it’s close enough to compare.
Good thing is, it’s brute force and not IR, and it’s GPUs…
Here it is if anyone wants to play with it :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/368267/FRACTAL\_interior\_test\_01.rar
Only constrain, you have to have access to the nightly builds as the LC on GPU is not yet released if I’m not mistaken.
Specs :
CPU : 3930k 3.9Ghz
GPU : GTX 780Ti
max 2014
win 7
Sorry again for the hijack, just though some people would like to know.
Cheers
Stan
