Does not render invidual frame #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does not render invidual frame #

I am rendering still images, not animations. I often change the position of the sun between different camera views. For instance I render Frame 0 for late morning sun position. Then I move the time slider to Frame 10 and key frame a new "afternoon" position for the sun. I render Frame 10 with sun moved to afternoon position.

In the past, using chaos cloud with 3DS MAX 2023, if I had the time slider at Frame 10 and submitted the job to chaos cloud it would render with the sun in the position set at at Frame 10.

Now when I do this in Chaos Cloud, no matter what try, it is always rendering with sun in Frame 0 position.

Also, before submitting to Chaos Cloud I us the Cloud "Preview" and that renders with the correct Frame 10 sun position. But, as stated, when I submit the job to Chaos Cloud it renders as sun at Frame 0 position.

It seems Chaos Cloud, suddenly, will not and does not render an individual frame correctly.

What am I doing wrong? Please help, I need help ASAP.

Thank you.
    Last edited by OPEN_RANGE; 02-12-2023, 07:24 PM.
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Here are two screen grabs showing what I mean.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cloud-preview01.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	432.8 KB
ID:	1196435

Click image for larger version

Name:	interior-cloud-result.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1196436
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Hi OPEN_RANGE

You can set frame 10 to render from the Render Setup > Common tab > Frames for the time being. We'll have a look and see if we can make sure to take the time slide into account when submitting jobs to Cloud - thanks for raising the flag! Will let you know as soon as there is an update on the matter.
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Thank you Nikoleta. Please do let me know when this has been updated. Thanks!
        mark f.
        openrangeimaging.com

Comment

We've fixed the issue and builds are updated - you can download them directly from here.
          Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Wow. Fastest fix ever! Thank you and especially thanks for following up with notice of the fix.
            mark f.
            openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Working...
            X