No announcement yet.

Some AI experimentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some basic anonymizing of cutout people using SD. Not bad. Perhaps not enough to avoid a court case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EG1.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	937.8 KB
ID:	1206681
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Agreed; only slightly hijacked but very beneficially aligned.

Thanks for the links. I managed to set things up using them and the rabbit hole they signposted
      https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Are you all paying to use SD in your commercial projects? Do you actually need to?

I'm trying to push SD into our workflow but IT are insistent we need a licensee to use it for commercial work. They are currently trying to get in touch with SD to discuss but we are getting no response.

Comment

The model itself is free for commercial use, as stated on their website, and so according to any info I can find, plus my logic at least, anything you create with it is yours, so is commercially viable.

Comment

They will drop the bomb soon and charge a fee to use it. They are using us to train it, losing money, and they'll have to start charging. Right now, for me, it is adding a lot of time to my post-production and making my images marginally better. I am not sure I would pay a lot to use it.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
              Agreed; only slightly hijacked but very beneficially aligned.

Thanks for the links. I managed to set things up using them and the rabbit hole they signposted
              What did he post?
              A.

---------------------
              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Just the previous page links...about installing Control Net etc.
                I hadn't actually set SD up until then, so it was handy to have some quick pointers

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                  They will drop the bomb soon and charge a fee to use it. They are using us to train it, losing money, and they'll have to start charging. Right now, for me, it is adding a lot of time to my post-production and making my images marginally better. I am not sure I would pay a lot to use it.
                  From what I've played around with so far, I would only use it to alter 3D people and foliage in some cases, as it does a great job with those things mostly, and very rapidly too.
                  So it depends on what exactly you're attempting....
                  Do I care that they might use an image I input to change, in order to make any update better? Not really

Comment

Yes, I use it for plants and trees. I don't do many people, but I would use it for that. I watched a podcast where the guy used an AI to create songs for fun. He had a guest who scorned him, telling him how many resources it takes. Your town's lights would dim if you were using your town's resources. These companies are getting significant funding and burning cash to corner the market. It is like Amazon losing money for years, undercutting everyone else, to take over markets. Soon, the well will dry, and the investor will want to start seeing a return on their investments.
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com
                    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

The model itself is free for commercial use, as stated on their website, and so according to any info I can find, plus my logic at least, anything you create with it is yours, so is commercially viable.
                      I'm confused.

Membership — Stability AI

Name:	image.png
Views:	131
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	1206836

Comment

I'll admit to not being anywhere close to an expert, and it seems confusing, though in my understanding that membership is for api use, in order to use the model/s subsequently, within one's own application for example.
                        An example might be Krea, which uses SD as one of its components.
                        So it differs from the open source webui thing by offering more/better/different things.

Someone correct me all if that's wrong

Comment

I'll admit to not being anywhere close to an expert, and it seems confusing, though in my understanding that membership is for api use, in order to use the model/s subsequently, within one's own application for example.
                          An example might be Krea, which uses SD as one of its components.
                          So it differs from the open source webui thing by offering more/better/different things.

Someone correct me all if that's wrong
                          Just browsing the website I can't see anything RE API usage.

Is this something you've read somewhere recently?

Comment

This from https://www.cmswire.com/digital-mark...for-marketers/

Specifically ''Stable Diffusion is open source and free to use. However, it does offer monthly subscription plans for developers and businesses that need more from the tool.

The basic plan is $9/month, the standard plan $49/month and the premium plan $149 per month. Enterprise options are also available to those with greater needs. Copyright Info

According to Stable Diffusion in its FAQs, images you generate have your copyright. “Use it as you like or sell as you like.”

However, it also added that copyright of AI-generated images is complex and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.''

Comment

...but, without a license, can you use the SD interface/software to create imagery - that then can be used for commercial use? It's using the UI in the first place with commercial intent that I'm struggling with. This is where it seems quite vague.

Looking at the official website it seems you do need a license to do so (based on income), at least now. Maybe this has been implemented recently?

We'd clear this up with them directly but they don't seem to respond to enquiries via their website contact form.
                              Last edited by DanSHP; 18-04-2024, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Well I'm sold. Beats photobashing or going full mental in 3D for detailing.

Name:	CROP_RAW_1.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	1206917 Click image for larger version

Name:	CROP_AI_1.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	1206918
                                A.

---------------------
                                www.digitaltwins.be