No announcement yet.

5 000 000 000 000 polygons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had exactly the same thing happen to me a few days ago. Took me hours of pulling my hair out to figure out what it was. The behavior you describe (no rendering and broken UI controls) is how Scatter tells you it doesn't have a valid license.

In my case this was because I'd removed the drive I'd licensed to and I had to request a new license. Since you've moved to a new machine you will need a new license too.

I got one back a few hours after I emailed for one so at least that went smoothly.

Comment

• I have a license, when I first set it up I know it asked for the license Key which I gave it and I've never been asked to give it again. From what I can tell it's activated.

Comment

• I don't know of any way to tell if your license is "valid" or not but I can tell you there's a small registration app (VRayScatterRegistration_2.exe) that you can download from their website and use to generate an ID file/apply a key file. If you already have a key file for that machine you could try re-applying it with that app.

Comment

• Every new machine require new key file. You can't use key file for new machine from old one.
          Invalid licence result in problem with scatter interface too.
          Last edited by Karba; 07-05-2009, 10:40 PM.
          sorry for my English

Comment

• That was it thanks you guy's, for some reason I forgot to run the registration app. I wish they would make the install and registration process a little easier.

Comment

• Test of 2.5 version.
              Render Time 1h 37min
              5.6Gb RAM was taken.

sorry for my English

Comment

• Originally posted by Karba View Post
                Test of 2.5 version.
                Render Time 1h 37min
                5.6Gb RAM was taken.

Wow - how big was that? Or is the crop a separate render.

Comment

• By the way, there are 3 things i'd love to see in VRS (maybe for 3.0):

-Proxy Count/Density switch. Rather than inputting the fixed count of proxies (Count), you could input a Density (1 = 1 per Max unit whatever you have it set to). If you're using a distribution pattern it uses that to control the Density.

-Camera culling like ForestPro :P

-Multiple proxy types per VRS! It's neat that you can make separate VRS items, but sometimes it's more manageable to keep multiples in 1.

Comment

• The crop was a separate render.

I will think about you things.
                    sorry for my English

Comment

• One other minor request: I think it would be helpful to have the preview count scale to the scatter count rather than having to adjust both separately. Could the preview count be done as a percentage instead?

b
                      Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
                      e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

• ... where is the best place to buy it ?

is it:
                        www.vray.com/vrayscatter/

Comment

• Originally posted by tryharder View Post
                          ... where is the best place to buy it ?

is it:
                          www.vray.com/vrayscatter/
                          http://www.itoosoft.com/english/menu.php

At least, try it.

Comment

• Forest Pack can't use procedural map of 3dsmax like noise as i know...
                            And it can't use colors from surface for proxy like this
                            Attached Files
                            sorry for my English

Comment

• I didn't test other features because of light version limitation of Forest Pack

You can download demo version of VRayScatter here http://www.rendering.ru/index.php/download-plugins/
                              Or buy it http://www.rendering.ru/index.php/buy/
                              sorry for my English

Comment

• What I like about Forest:

- you can place individual instances
                                - instances can be placed per object (pivot), which is really great if you model in other programs and import blocks (like tree) from CAD files
                                - you can mix in 2D objects to preserve memory (if you need millions of trees in the background)
                                - you are allowed to have installs on both laptop and workstation as long as you are the only user, and transfers between computers is not really limited
                                - support is almost instant and Itoo is one of the "oldest" Max plugin developers

Comment

Working...
                                X