X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trick View Post
    What I like about Forest:

- you can place individual instances
    - instances can be placed per object (pivot), which is really great if you model in other programs and import blocks (like tree) from CAD files
    - you can mix in 2D objects to preserve memory (if you need millions of trees in the background)
    - you are allowed to have installs on both laptop and workstation as long as you are the only user, and transfers between computers is not really limited
    - support is almost instant and Itoo is one of the "oldest" Max plugin developers
    In VRayScatter you can use several scatter object with individual setting and materials. Scatter object collision affect on each other.
    You can use auto align for problem proxy.
    You can scatter millions instance of real geometry, not 2d sprite. It looks more realistic. VRay has good memory management.
    You can animate proxy position for every frame to produce some effect like wind (animated map for rotation) or growth (scale map)

Try 2.50.4 version. It has new regular patter option.
    Is it possible in forest pack?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karba; 12-06-2009, 12:08 AM.
    sorry for my English

Comment

• I am one of the "newest" developers. )) That is question of time.
      I take into account any wishes and design new versions.
      sorry for my English

Comment

• OK now that mosaic is wild!

looks great.

I think it's a though choice between forest pro and vrayscatter.

forest seems to be nicer for, well, forests. the spline control is great, so is the UI.

Probably you need both

I don't know yet how this mosiac thing works, but it's the best thing I've seen recently.

I didn't try vrayscatter yet, because the initial version had unaccaptable license restrictions (network rendering). But I will have to look at it now.

Karba, I'd just suggest that you loosen some strange restrictions, like it's quite difficult to download the demo on your site. It needs registration, the registration form is broken. Why not just provide a download link?
        Such small annoyances scare people away. The reason Itoo forest is very popular, is that it's easy to trust them, being a company that has been around for many years, easy to communicate with, and giving away free stuff.
        Plugins are not an easy purchase, because we need recompiles every year. Not as with textures, where you buy and forget it.
        Last edited by plastic_; 12-06-2009, 01:42 AM.
        Marc Lorenz
        ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
        www.marclorenz.com
        www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

• You can fit proxies like a texture by mapping
          http://karba.eol3d.com/VRayScatter&V...ar_mapping.avi

Render version is free.
          You can use spline in VRayScatter too. It works very fast.

There is a lot of various setting for any case.

I just develop scatter, not support. Other peoples do support.

Attached Files
          Last edited by Karba; 12-06-2009, 04:39 AM.
          sorry for my English

Comment

• looks very interesting Karba.
            What is Vraystorm?
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
              looks very interesting Karba.
              What is Vraystorm?
              It is old project like vray fog.
              sorry for my English

Comment

• ok got it!
                The attachment of the interface is too small to view, could you post a bigger version?
                Chris Jackson
                Shiftmedia
                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
                  ok got it!
                  The attachment of the interface is too small to view, could you post a bigger version?
                  already

forum resized it
                  sorry for my English

Comment

• New version VRayScatter 2.5.5. www.rendering.ru Now there is a unique possibility to create even more complicated and realistic scenes, doing this process easy as never before. Intuitively simple interface, rich possibilities and excellent result. Unbelievable flexibility of control. A new generation algorithm was developed and also a new features are available now:

1. Collision object
                    2. Regular structures with easy control by UVW mapping
                    3. Along the spline distribution
                    4. Scattering inside/outside splines
                    5. Contrast option in VrayScatter texture
                    6. Camera clipping
                    7. Offset scattering from splines and geometry edges
                    8. Custom behavior at the splines and geometry edges
                    9. Support 3dsmax 2010
                    10. Asset Tracking connection
                    11. Most of VrayScatter settings animatable
                    12. New demo version

New features demos http://3dcenter.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=98390
                    Last edited by AlexDuche; 17-07-2009, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDuche View Post
                      New version VRayScatter 2.5.5. www.rendering.ru Now there is a unique possibility to create even more complicated and realistic scenes, doing this process easy as never before. Intuitively simple interface, rich possibilities and excellent result. Unbelievable flexibility of control. A new generation algorithm was developed and also a new features are available now:

1. Collision object
                      6. Camera clipping
                      9. Support 3dsmax 2010
                      12. New demo version

It all sounds very good and complements for such a great plugin, but as many other users ALREADY mentioned: untill you find a different way of doing the licensing, I'll give this one a pass I think.

I format my pc 2 and sometimes 3 times a year. Sometimes I just use a new workstation. If everytime its such a hassle to get the program authorized or transfer a license, I'll just use something else.
                      Kind Regards,
                      Morne

Comment

• The guys at VRS were helpful with me recently switching to a new machine, but it did take a bit of pushing and they made it clear they were not too happy about the process.

I agree a more flexible licensing system would be much preferred.

b
                        Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
                        e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

• Originally posted by simmsimaging View Post
                          The guys at VRS were helpful with me recently switching to a new machine, but it did take a bit of pushing and they made it clear they were not too happy about the process.

I agree a more flexible licensing system would be much preferred.

b
                          what a crock...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• It's a tough spot for them too. Piracy is rampant and I can understand the motivation - it's just an awkward way to handle it.

b
                            Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
                            e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDuche View Post
                              New version VRayScatter 2.5.5. www.rendering.ru Now there is a unique possibility to create even more complicated and realistic scenes, doing this process easy as never before. Intuitively simple interface, rich possibilities and excellent result. Unbelievable flexibility of control. A new generation algorithm was developed and also a new features are available now:

1. Collision object
                              6. Camera clipping
                              9. Support 3dsmax 2010
                              12. New demo version

Sounds great, looking forward to trying the update!

Comment

• Hi everybody !
                                I have used vrayscatter 2.0 and it is very powerfull, and user tricky. I'm like the bitmap scatter and all other stuff but i have seen that forest pack do a lot of this thing before vrayscatter.

I have a simply question for us, who want to buy one of them and not the twice... What are the difference beetween Forest pack and vrayscatter?

I have always see that the price is approximatively the same (sure, is not a lucky hasard ^^)

But the editable library of forest pack pro is very, very interesting, and the possibility to save presets, and also put X number of proxy into ONE forest pack object in scene...

I have see some new feature of the V. 2.55 and all are great so if we could have a table with a simple "do" and "not possible" beetween each other it should be fantastic...
                                I know that itoo and Icube don't provide the same plugins and that each one should have is difference but if we could see that here it could be very usefull !

Thanks !!
                                i ll be back
                                http://www.vincent-grieu.com

Comment

Working...
                                X