No announcement yet.

5 000 000 000 000 polygons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's about $2000 for a 10 node network. Quite expensive for a one-man shop, especially considering the $565 for GroundWiz with unlimited rendernodes. Groundwiz may not be that good on memory managment and speed with millions of instances but it has far better functionality and precision !! I have been using HDInstance for Lightwave with the same functionality for years: $299 with unlimited nodes !!
    Last edited by trick; 04-07-2008, 02:02 AM.

Comment

yeah it is very expensive for what it is, and you will limit your market by selling at those prices. Which is a shame.
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

The traffic (wow!) and volumetrics plugins look great. The scatter one looks like a solution to a problem that's already been solved though.
        www.meetup.com/3DLondon

Comment

There will be discounts and packs. This prices is not final

Comment

Just keep it simple. Make a 10-node-pack and an unlimited node-pack and offer the possibility for home/laptop use !! If you want to draw parallels with E-onsoftware I'm afraid for your plugins stability

Comment

Yeah that's a bit high for what it does. I mean it's cool, but if you have the right setup already you can do similar things with pflow. The network license is a bit silly too..

Comment

Hi,

intresting plug, but... hey man, is expensive! IMO the right price is like 90/100 euro. If the price is low, many peolple buy it (and more popularity you give). But if is expensive, only few people buy it, and P2P do the rest.

And remember euro/$ change 249 euros is 375$.

Forest Pro, more complete plugin, is 250 euro. And work very well with scatter stuff.

IMO you must lower the price (i'm an intrested user, but not for 250 euro and 99 for node)

Bye

cecofuli
                Last edited by cecofuli; 04-07-2008, 01:24 PM.
                www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
                Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Totally agree with secofuli, as there are LOADS of one-man-shops, like myself, they'll probably live without this plugin instead of paying 250 euro's for a single license. There are cheaper alternatives.

For around 100 euro's, I and definitely a lot more businesses like mine, will happily spend it, if it can be used on one workstation, and rendered on about 10 nodes.

Would you prefer selling 40 times 249,= or 200 times for 100,=?
                  Just my 2 cents.

Greetz, Ruud
                  3DV - Ruud van Reenen
                  www.3dv.nl

Comment

impressive

Traffic and volumetric plugins are Vray plugins?

Comment

All can buy

https://secure.shareit.com/shareit/p...577fab805038c6

Comment

So what is this ?

Only a workstation version which does not support network rendering ? Is the license attached to one workstation ? Can it be transfered if you need it at home ? Or is it attached to the dongle ? Some more info with EULA would be very welcome !!

Comment

I still dont see what so different about this one compared to the free scatter plugins you can get, coupled with some quick max tricks.

From what I can see the only new feature is:
                          "Scaling of objects based on bitmaps or procedural maps"
                          And I'm not sure what it means by there being a special procedural map for it.

Comment

to trick:

This is single node based workstation licence for one PC. It hardware locked licence so You can use it at only one PC. It supports network rendering only if You have same or Network licences (20 euro each one) at rendernodes installed.

to cubiclegangster:

It has ability to scatter and generate millions of objects and "render-on-demad" them for effective memory management.

Demo version: http://icube.ru/index.php/news/vrays...a_demoversiya/

Full versions: http://icube.ru/index.php/news/vrays...he_v_prodazhe/
                            Last edited by fobus; 03-09-2008, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fobus View Post
                              to cubiclegangster:
                              It has ability to scatter and generate millions of objects and "render-on-demad" them for effective memory management.

What does your plugin actually do with the proxies/objects?

I'm not knocking it, I just wouldnt mind knowing how it's different outside of buzzwords and if it seems like i'm getting irate it's because nobody has been able to tell me without using made up words.
                              If it's actually to scatter 5 trillion polys of pure mesh and the optimisation things mean you dont need to use proxies, then fair enough - it makes sense.
                              Last edited by Neilg; 02-09-2008, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fobus View Post
                                to trick:

This is single node based workstation licence for one PC. It hardware locked licence so You can use it at only one PC. It supports network rendering only if You have same or Network licences (20 euro each one) at rendernodes installed.

to cubiclegangster:

Pricing for the plugin itself and for the rendernodes is absolutely OK. But that I can not use it at home and have to pay for an extra license is NOT. Especially since this plugin can only be used with VRay 1.5sp2 which uses a dongle so you CAN take it wherever you want. So you could have easily tied the VRayScatter license to the dongle to go around this limitation.

What I also wonder is if there is any EXTRA memory optimisation than the one you get from using VRay proxies. The only real benefit from using VRayScatter from what I have seen using the demo, is that you are able to use over 100000 proxies/instances at all, while normally Max stops (it's just a matter of time before this Max-limitation will be solved) anywhere between 100K and 500K instances even when using 16GB RAM 64bit workstations. I tested 1000000 proxies with 10 polygons each with VRayScatter and already I needed a 64bit 4GB RAM system to render them at all (without reverting to dynamic loading). Compared to GroundWiz I also see that the loading of the instances/proxies is a lot faster...actually there is almost no loading time. When having 3 or 4 Groundwiz planters with 100K proxies each can really take a long time just to load before rendering starts. But again, the real benefit with VRayScatter comes when you have lots of RAM on a 64bit system and you really need over 500K proxies. Otherwise I still prefer GroundWiz because of the flexible placement (you can paint proxies in your Camera view just where you want them), which really looks like the painting system in Maya. With VRayScatter it's even not possible to collapse to an editable mesh which makes it another proprietary system which I can only work with and render where there is a license !!

Comment

Working...
                                X