5 000 000 000 000 polygons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VRayScatter is out

VRayScatter plugin is out. You can download demo or buy it at http:\\rendering.ru
    Last edited by fobus; 11-09-2008, 08:26 PM.

Comment

it's a useful looking plugin, but for it to appear good value for money you need to bundle rendernode licenses with each plugin purchase.
      if each plugin purchase came with 5 rendernode licences we might be interested, but frankly making us pay for rendernode licences is a massive turnoff. autodesk, one of the most money-grabbing companies on earth, doesn't charge for backburner licenses, and neither, of course, does VRay. to charge for rendernodes, even if it's cheap, just seems like a rip off
      http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by GLASS-CANVAS View Post
        it's a useful looking plugin, but for it to appear good value for money you need to bundle rendernode licenses with each plugin purchase.
        if each plugin purchase came with 5 rendernode licences we might be interested, but frankly making us pay for rendernode licences is a massive turnoff. autodesk, one of the most money-grabbing companies on earth, doesn't charge for backburner licenses, and neither, of course, does VRay. to charge for rendernodes, even if it's cheap, just seems like a rip off
        As they say in both our Parliament's - here here!

Comment

VRayScatter Bundle

Special offer for VRayScatter on rendering.ru website. For all who woun't pay extra money for much rendernodes.

Comment

FYI:

VRayScatter uses nodebased licenses, which in THIS case are really node-locked: so if you need a new PC, your PC is broke or you want to work on another PC, you need to buy a NEW license !!

Since the term node-locked seems to be interpreted freely by different companies it would be wise to put this in the licensing terms. What happens when there will be paid software upgrades and 2 weeks later your PC is broke ?

Comment

and can do you do a random wind animation of your objects after it has been scattered?
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Fobus????

Originally posted by trick View Post
                FYI:
                VRayScatter uses nodebased licenses, which in THIS case are really node-locked: so if you need a new PC, your PC is broke or you want to work on another PC, you need to buy a NEW license !!
                Fobus - any info about that??

Comment

VRay Scatter into VRay

Hi there, Vlado, can you inform us or VRayscatter will be a future part of the VRay render engine upgrade or will it stay independend, so I can buy it there? What is your opinion about the plugin anyway? I'm curious about the experiences of other users here

Comment

There are no plans to include VRayScatter into the V-Ray installation for the time being. About the plugin itself, maybe other users can give more insight than me.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

[jerk moden]
                      Judging by the blown out cost of the plugin relative to what it does, the licensing cost to Chaos Group would probably be so ridiculous as to make it completely out of the question and more cost-effective to implement it themselves.
                      [jerk modeff]

Comment

Is anyone aware of differences between VRayScatter and GroundWiz?

Comment

as far as I understand VRay Scatter just scatters your proxy all over the place. So it does not create anything. It just copies what you have a couple million times.

GroundWiz is a complete landscaping program and is not just for copying stuff.
                          Kind Regards,
                          Morne

Comment

Originally posted by DVP3D View Post
                            as far as I understand VRay Scatter just scatters your proxy all over the place. So it does not create anything. It just copies what you have a couple million times.

GroundWiz is a complete landscaping program and is not just for copying stuff.

Yeah I know GroundWiz does more, but I mean is there anything VRayScatter can do that GroundWiz can't? Someone mentioned a few pages back that VRayScatter seems to be faster when it comes to loading the proxies or something.
                            Last edited by duke2; 27-11-2008, 07:43 PM.

Comment

In our experience with vrayscatter - it's mind-blowingly fast. We were amazed at speed of distribution, the number that our systems comfortably supported, and the render times. The scale/density by bitmap are a great feature as well.

Comment

I did a lot of google translating on the weekend and found that the main differences are said to be in speed. VRayScatter is both faster at scattering millions of proxies, and rendering them (preparing their position). Where VRayScatter takes seconds to calculate the positions of millions, GroundWiz can take minutes (and i've tested this with the Lite version, it is a little slow).

Now all they need to do is make the licensing reasonable (lock it to something other than the computer! other developers can do this, why not them?) and i'm in.

Comment

Working...
                                X