5 000 000 000 000 polygons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trick View Post
    But there have been a lot of real questions that still have not been answered ! I have no doubt that VRayScatter can generate millions of polygons and in good hands can help in creating beautiful images. It's more a matter of openess in how this tool can be used and will be supported. I also have no doubt that I will buy this plugin when needed, but with the current protection system and pricing that will probably be later then soon.
    I think you just don't need this tools, so you have million of causes not to buy this product

Scatter is used only if you need very may objects like a big forest or big grass plot. If you don't need so many objects, scatter is not' for you.
    Last edited by Karba; 11-12-2008, 12:15 AM.
    sorry for my English

Comment

• Originally posted by Karba View Post
      I think you just don't need this tools, so you have million of causes not to buy this product

Scatter is used only if you need very may objects like a big forest or big grass plot. If you don't need so many objects, scatter is not' for you.
      We all "need" this product. But more info is needed first. You keep on talking about the new version but we yet have to see anything about new pricing or any official info. There still is not any update at rendering.ru (well the english version)
      Trying to get people to buy an old product by showing them the new one, but then not giving proper official info on the new one and reasonable pricing, is not a good way to get people to buy.

I do like the images you have provided. It looks very nice. Also the gallery on rendering.ru is very nice.

Can I use animated proxy and offset the animation?
      Last edited by Morne; 11-12-2008, 12:47 AM.
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

...so you have million of causes not to buy this product ...
        I'll try to explain again, without cynism

I know exactly what are the possibilities with VRayScatter and also know both the pros and cons over GroundWiz. If I did not see any advantages, I would probably not be posting so much about this here. I also know that I am likely not to buy this plugin for the vast forests and/or grass fields, but I do see possibilities in making hedges, room filling carpets, biological processes and some other things.

I also can accept your license policy that you don't allow ONE user to use this plugin on TWO machines (as I need for my home and office machine, as I already explained).

What I can NOT accept is that when I eventually buy 2 workstation licenses, I need to buy these again when I have new workstations, even if that is once a year. At least with the current version of VRayScatter. Whether this is out of principles or for financial reasons, I think you definitely need to change this, if you do software protection not only against illegal use but also as a service to your clients to protect their investments !

So my question is: with the new version, is the plugin tied to the boot drive and does this drive need to be the boot drive in your new system too ? If not can it be an external (USB) drive ? I have just been talking to the guys of Craft Director Tools about the same problem and came to the solution to tie the license to a USB Wireless Network Adapter. After 20 years of working with lots of protected software, I still prefer hardware dongles over anything else !
        Last edited by trick; 11-12-2008, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• At this moment new version has test status. There are some bugs and we fix them.

Some feature:

- Collision detector. You can set radius of objects. Several scatters can "see" objects of other.
          - Using surface texture for objects painting. For example, you can paint trees by google map photo of forest.
          - VRayScatter mask for multiple several masks. It is useful in case when you use composite mask.
          - Object rotation by texture. You can animate texture for wind.
          - New protection depend on HDD only.

Bug fixing will takes about 2-3 days.
          Last edited by Karba; 11-12-2008, 01:10 AM.
          sorry for my English

Comment

Some feature:

- Object rotation by texture. You can animate texture for wind.
            I would like to see an example of this. Sounds like a good feature
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

What I can NOT accept is that when I eventually buy 2 workstation licenses, I need to buy these again when I have new workstations, even if that is once a year. At least with the current version of VRayScatter. Whether this is out of principles or for financial reasons, I think you definitely need to change this, if you do software protection not only against illegal use but also as a service to your clients to protect their investments !
              Sorry for cynism

At this moment we have next system. You can request several liecence by one payment. But not often then one per 2 month in case if you by new machine. We can't detect whether you use scatter in old one.
              sorry for my English

Comment

• Originally posted by DVP3D View Post
                I would like to see an example of this. Sounds like a good feature
                http://karba.eol3d.com/VRayScatter&VRayStorm/03.avi
                sorry for my English

Comment

Sorry for cynism

...You can request several liecence by one payment. But not often then one per 2 month in case if you by new machine...
                  Well, that sounds a lot better, although I can only wish I could afford me a new machine each 2 months

I suppose when buying the $440 bundle I still need one $160 workstation license for my machine at home ? What happens pricewise when v2 comes out ? Are there gonna be update prices for both bundles, workstation licenses and rendernode licenses ? Or would I be better of waiting for v2 ?

Comment

Well, that sounds a lot better, although I can only wish I could afford me a new machine each 2 months

I suppose when buying the $440 bundle I still need one $160 workstation license for my machine at home ? What happens pricewise when v2 comes out ? Are there gonna be update prices for both bundles, workstation licenses and rendernode licenses ? Or would I be better of waiting for v2 ?
                    With v2 work station will be cost about 200$ and render station will be free.
                    I think it would be better to wait v2.
                    I am just developer, not seller. I don't define sale politics.
                    sorry for my English

Comment

• Thanks a lot !

Comment

• Nice sample. But do you have something with trees? I am interested in animated forest of trees. Including motion blur.

Originally posted by Karba View Post
                        I think it would be better to wait v2.
                        When is it expected to come out?
                        Kind Regards,
                        Morne

Comment

Nice sample. But do you have something with trees? I am interested in animated forest of trees. Including motion blur.
                          When is it expected to come out?
                          Rotation by texture works good for small objects like grass. For big object you can use animated proxy.

I hope next week
                          Last edited by Karba; 11-12-2008, 02:36 AM.
                          sorry for my English

Comment

For big object you can use animated proxy.
                            Can I offset the animation? ie if I use VRayscatter to scatter 1 animated proxy, can I offset the animation inside VRayscatter so all trees don't animate at same time?
                            Kind Regards,
                            Morne

Comment

Can I offset the animation? ie if I use VRayscatter to scatter 1 animated proxy, can I offset the animation inside VRayscatter so all trees don't animate at same time?
                              You can set animation samples, it is means how many different time offsets is present inside single scatter. So you can use one scatter and multiple random time offsets for each object of scatter.
                              Last edited by Karba; 11-12-2008, 04:02 AM.
                              sorry for my English

Comment

• 2 karba : why i cant install demo of vray scatter on my max 2009 design 64 bit ?? respectively i can install but after instal i cant find vray scatter in vray rollout ......

because i wanna buy it , but not when i cant use it
                                Last edited by Janosik; 11-12-2008, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X