No announcement yet.

When nature calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you only purchase a license? I guess I am confused you buy a yearly license and then after that year is up the product still works in you old projects?

Comment

Originally posted by Sawyer View Post
      So you only purchase a license? I guess I am confused you buy a yearly license and then after that year is up the product still works in you old projects?
      "A support year offers you all improvements and extra features during that year.
      Products will continue to work after your support year(s)."

We will not work with version numbers but improving and adding features all the time.

Davy

Comment

Really nice stuff!
        Mike Henry
        http://mhenry.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

Thanks for awnsering my "will there be a demo" question so clearly emecstudios.
          This is clearly a must have in the making. Already talked this one up to be in the list of stuff to buy for future projects.

Comment

Originally posted by emecstudios View Post
            .And I don't belief that Onyx plants and grass can be wind animated?
            Amazing results you have there ! I hope you'll have somedemo to test the features.

Onyx plant can be wind animated trough Treestrom plugin. It gives incredible result when used correctly. It's quite heavy on polycount and I have to do a test whith 30 instances to see the RAM/CPU impact. I'll post a small preview soon when I'll have time.
            Philippe Steels
            Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelab View Post
              Onyx plant can be wind animated trough Treestrom plugin. It gives incredible result when used correctly. It's quite heavy on polycount and I have to do a test whith 30 instances to see the RAM/CPU impact. I'll post a small preview soon when I'll have time.
              Yes, only trees from Onyx can be animated...I don't belief any plants, flowers or grass are wind supported though.
              On top you need to export a VRayProxy for as many frames as you have in your shot. Let's say you want 3 different wind seeds, a couple million instances for just 1 detailed tree and you get insane HD and memory load

So technically, it's not possible with Onyx.

Davy

Comment

Top quality renders, models, plants on your web site.
                Vey impressive.
                for my blog and tutorials:
                www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

On top you need to export a VRayProxy for as many frames as you have in your shot. Let's say you want 3 different wind seeds, a couple million instances for just 1 detailed tree and you get insane HD and memory load

So technically, it's not possible with Onyx.
                  Well, i disagree.

This is a frame from an test scene using Forest Pack Lite and Onyx. Is not needed to create proxies, because Forest gets the animated samples from the Onyx trees dinamically, at each frame. So, this way, an endless animation could be rendered without presaving any proxy to disk.

The scene uses four different plants with three animation samples for each one. Render stats are 6 min/frame using 1Gb memory:

Carlos Quintero
                  iToo Software
                  www.itoosoft.com

Comment

Originally posted by Itoosoft View Post
                    Well, i disagree.
                    We deliver geometry dynamically but I was actually referring to VRayScatter
                    But there is more to consider, give it some time.

Onyx grass, flowers and plants do not have wind animation however unless we are missinformed (since we only have Onyx trees).

We focus on realistic wind animation and features right out of the box (not gonna spoil it by just naming them).
                    You already have many static plant libraries available.

Davy

Comment

How do you both handle the wind?

Following situation: Extreme wind, trees bending to the RIGHT.

is the wind applied BEFORE the cloning? If so, the trees will bend in different directions because after the wind deformation is applied, the trees get randomly rotated and scaled normally.

or

do you somehow do the rotating/scaling first and then apply the wind at the end?
                      MBA Studios | 3D Images & Visual Effects

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
                        How do you both handle the wind?

Following situation: Extreme wind, trees bending to the RIGHT.

is the wind applied BEFORE the cloning? If so, the trees will bend in different directions because after the wind deformation is applied, the trees get randomly rotated and scaled normally.

or

do you somehow do the rotating/scaling first and then apply the wind at the end?
                        You nail it down, exactly the reason why our product has a lot of advantages because of our own plant system.

All models get wind animated anyway you like and delivered dynamically to VRay.
                        Depending on your memory available, you have different options to streamline everything to your limits. That example with grass and flowers was done with 1 single grassclump and 1 single flower with 3 different wind seeds...almost no memory used

Without something as a dedicated plant system, you will never be able to have real wind animation in 1 direction and still create lots of variation.

Not Forrest, not VRayScatter is up to that demanding challenge

Davy

Comment

proof is in the pretty pictures Davy
                          Chris Jackson
                          Shiftmedia
                          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

You nail it down, exactly the reason why our product has a lot of advantages because of our own plant system.

All models get wind animated anyway you like and delivered dynamically to VRay.
                            Depending on your memory available, you have different options to streamline everything to your limits. That example with grass and flowers was done with 1 single grassclump and 1 single flower with 3 different wind seeds...almost no memory used

Without something as a dedicated plant system, you will never be able to have real wind animation in 1 direction and still create lots of variation.

Not Forrest, not VRayScatter is up to that demanding challenge

Davy
                            Getting excited for this one.

Comment

this looks really amazing. When will the rest of the product's "coming soon" actually arrive?
                              Kind Regards,
                              Morne

Comment

...we are about to finish the website this week with updates and new images.

As stated in our about page, we are not a software house but a studio bringing our inhouse software. We work with more than 1 person full time on the project.
                                It's important to have a complete overview of the project hence the "coming soon" part.
                                "Coming soon" means, as stated before, we will deliver one product at a time.

Important to note, is that all products work together and any early adaptors will get the same opportunities as someone joining when more than 1 product is available. So it doesn't really matter how quick products follow each other. They are part of a growing process.

The amount of time it took to get started with our first product is a matter of how much value we want to give to our products. On top it takes some time to make software ready for users.
                                Support and discussions will get great attention since we want to deliver what you need to like our products at full.

It's a project that will grow and we will do our best to make it a 2 way partnership.

More to come in a few days.
                                Davy

Comment

Working...
                                X