No announcement yet.

When nature calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking great. one quetion to your license system. i am a one man office and i often take my max files together with my vray dongle home to work in the evening near my wife is this possible with your license system?
    i dont want to buy 2 licenses if i only need it one a time - also in 2 different places.
    max 9 + vray

Comment

Originally posted by bluescreen2 View Post
      ...and i often take my max files together with my vray dongle home to work in the evening near my wife is this possible with your license system?
      Absolutely! We do not want to be resposible for your wife complaining about your work
      You activate deactivate wherever you need it.

Comment

thx for the quick answer. great news. cant wait
        max 9 + vray

Comment

Any news when this will come out?

Will we it be able to instance hundreds of trees, plants, flowers grass etc and render it on a single quad machine? Just like we do now with instance proxies?
          Facebook Offical Page

CG Online Portfolio:
          Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by CA Portugal View Post
            Any news when this will come out?

Will we it be able to instance hundreds of trees, plants, flowers grass etc and render it on a single quad machine? Just like we do now with instance proxies?
            Yes, you can even instance millions of objects since we deliver geometry directly to VRay without max nodes.
            You can however still distribute max nodes so you are able to use displacement or any other feature you might need for your distributed objects.
            Or even distribute groups of objects.
            Plenty of options to suit your needs.

Wind animation is simple and you can define how many different plant and wind seeds you need to be memory efficient.

We are finishing the MDO Manager and we will start presales right after that.

Davy

Comment

I look forward to giving this a try. Is there somewhere we can see the library of plants that will be available?
              Kind Regards,
              Richard Birket
              ----------------------------------->
              http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

I'd like to see them as well, also is it like Onyx where you can create unique trees using their editor?

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
                  I look forward to giving this a try. Is there somewhere we can see the library of plants that will be available?
                  As soon as we go final we will release plants and trees on a regular basis.
                  There will also be an option to get plants and features on demand.
                  More info follows later on.

A license will get a basic set of plants to get familiar with the possibilities.

Originally posted by devin View Post
                  I'd like to see them as well, also is it like Onyx where you can create unique trees using their editor?
                  You can change the structure of plants and trees directly in Max.
                  You cannot however build plants from scratch. We focus on delivering right out of the box with a good set of features so you have freedom (including advanced wind and gravity).
                  I don't think you can build trees in Onyx from scratch either.

Davy

Comment

Onyx allows you to modify any tree or bush in their editor, all of the parameters are editable so although you start out with a certain kind of tree you could change it in an unlimited number of ways to get exactly what you want. Am I understanding you correctley that your software allows for this?

Comment

Yes, all plants and trees are fully prepared to allow modifications.
                      You can pull and move individual items, change trunk profile and path, etc...

See it as advanced fully rigged plants and trees...add wind and gravity on the fly...have animals pull branches and eat from your plants and trees.

Onyx does not support wind for anything other than trees I belief (we only have the 4 first modelers).
                      And especially not by just ticking enable wind nor any option to add extra wind effects or specific animations.

So you are in full control to animate your plants and trees as if you are a character animator.

Davy

Comment

Yes, you can make trees in Onyx from scratch. You can for example just make a trunk, start from there and so on...

Anyway, Onyx is great but MDO seems to be of another dimension. Really looking foward for the release.
                        Last edited by CA Portugal; 05-04-2010, 03:11 AM.
                        Facebook Offical Page

CG Online Portfolio:
                        Gallery

Comment

Hello,

i know my question in not really directly related, but, in Xfrog, is it possible to customize the leaf primitives with a specific mesh ?
                          I would like to replace the square leaves (and textures+opacity maps that take ages to render) with real geometry leaves, and then make a big vrayproxy and render.

Anyone ?

Thanks !

/muoto

Comment

Opacity mapped leaves are just as fast or faster as geometry leaves to render as long as you remove the filtering in the alpha map - at least that's my experience. They also look better most of the times.
                            Check my blog

Comment

Yes, and if you load XFrog modeler, you can choose any primitive and try to shape it into a leaf.

Comment

Wooow
                                remove filtering did the job, have to test on a large scale rendering but it was as fast as with the real 3D trees !
                                thanks for the tip

edit: tried on my big scene, it is indeed fast, divided rendering times by 2 ! wow
                                Last edited by muoto; 07-04-2010, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X