No announcement yet.

When nature calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you clarify on the licensing, the site says the MDO plants is a set of plugins so does that mean that for $199 a year we get all of the plugins with unlimited render nodes or does it cost $199 for each plugin in the set?

Comment

Originally posted by devin View Post
      Can you clarify on the licensing, the site says the MDO plants is a set of plugins so does that mean that for $199 a year we get all of the plugins with unlimited render nodes or does it cost $199 for each plugin in the set?
      MDO Plants with all 5 included plugins is 1 product for which you need 1 license. All offered support plans include all plugins from MDO Plants (unlimited render nodes included). And more things are coming for these plugins over time which can be installed as long as you have an active license.

Take a look at the FAQ for more questions and answers. I will add this one as well.

Davy

Comment

Is your final product including the terrains, clouds, rivers, animals ect. going to be a direct competitor for Vue?

Comment

Is your final product including the terrains, clouds, rivers, animals ect. going to be a direct competitor for Vue?
          Well, that's up to the user but I am quite sure we will offer things that are not even possible with Vue.
          Add the extra weight and restrictions Vue has...including the final price mark (not to forget render licenses and subscriptions you need) and there will be plenty of reasons to consider MDO

But you can only get a taste once we release more products or at least demonstrations.

The interesting part: you can join the project (including taking part in giving development directions) and still get the same discounts at the end if you consider more than 1 MDO product once released.

Davy

Comment

I can't wait for that one.
            Looking really sweet!

Comment

any news? want to buy trees and wondering if waiting is worth it or if i should go with onyx...
              max 9 + vray

Comment

Originally posted by bluescreen2 View Post
                any news? want to buy trees and wondering if waiting is worth it or if i should go with onyx...
                Either way Onyx is a product on its own and will certainly work with our MDO Plants since MDO Plants is not only about WacoPlants (the plugin that competes with Onyx).

Having a good set of library models (Onyx, XFrog or any library content) is always a good thing since it's gonna take a bit time for our WacoPlants library to grow.
                The release of MDO Plants will go along with a couple of WacoPlants which you can expand later on.

However WacoPlants goes further than Onyx since Onyx is really stuck for many years in development now and no improvements in any area.
                But our upcoming demonstrations will show more than 100 words can say.

MDO Plants is about to be released any day now.

Davy

Comment

Eyewatering renders! Simply amazing stuff Good job with the demo policy too

Comment

Very interesting software / plugin indeed.

Recently we have finished a project with many trees and I must say that a good and managable Vegetation software is really missing from 3dsMax. Wind animation on trees, flowers etc are really important nowadays and the demanding from various clients is increasing.

Here are some stills from the project: (video soon)
                    http://www.ixor3d.com/swf/avra_river2010.html

Some Tree animations also in our Reel...

Keep up the good work guys @ emec and hope to have the 1st release soon!

Andronikos,
                    www.ixor3d.com
                    ixor3d@gmail.com
                    www.ixor3d.com - VFX & 3D Anim
                    Renderfarm Control & Monitor Software

Comment

Davy any idea how much longer it's going to be before you guy's are ready to release? Speaking from the point of view of the customer it's really frustrating to be told the release will be "any day now" when in reality it's going to be weeks or months.

Comment

Davy any idea how much longer it's going to be before you guy's are ready to release? Speaking from the point of view of the customer it's really frustrating to be told the release will be "any day now" when in reality it's going to be weeks or months.
                        Ouch blow to guts..... but I kinda agree but I guess we have to wait and see the review when it comes out. in the meant I am happy to do things manually.

Comment

I hope Davy doesnt mind me saying this, but there have been a few unexpected issues and they didnt want to release a product with deal breaking issues.
                          So be patient! it hopefully wont be long now.
                          Chris Jackson
                          Shiftmedia
                          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Chris that's exactly the kind of information we need, I don't mind waiting as long as I know why. I'm also a veteran from the Maxwell wars so I get a little suspicious when phrases like "any day now" are used and weeks go buy without a word.

Comment

...yes, I completely understand

We are getting nervous as well but I can tell the delay we had the past 2 months are solely because of licensing.
                              We want to bring products where you get the freedom you need to work with your investment at any time, any place (read a lot of complains about other software licensing ).

It needs to be well designed in order to work efficiently while still keeping illegal users at a distance. Yes! They are already waiting on release to break our license schemes. I am quite sure if we don't do it properly, they have a version before you do

Facts: last license server checkups will happen over the weekend. If successful, we release next week.

I understand why developers always answer, "it's done when it's done"
                              But then again, that leads you nowhere.

Davy

Comment

Thanks Davy you've answered everything!

Comment

Working...
                                X