No announcement yet.

When nature calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would release that tool as soon as possible instead of working for months on a copy protection that will get broken anyway.
    E-on software is developing Carbon Scatter with eco-system rendering in 3dsmax using vray.
    I guess it will be hard to compete with them because they have so much usable content for Vue already available.
    But if your tool is on the market first you have an advantage, i don't think many people will buy both products.
    Reflect, repent and reboot.
    Order shall return.

Comment

Carbon Scatter is still in Beta and judging on how long its taken them to get Vue to a usable state I don't hold out much hope on a successful first release. It's still unclear exactly what carbon scatter will include beyond the foliage that already exists in Vue but from what I read it didn't seem to include much more than that. I agree though that most copy protection can and will be broken.

Comment

Carbon Scatter will not compete that easy with MDO Plants if you consider everything. I guess they will just bring EcoSystems directly to 3ds Max but nothing more than that. Their price and render licenses will probably match Ozone so that is a big issue. Not to mention bugs since they do work with Vue source code and not something fresh specifically designed for 3ds Max.

Our license system workload did not went into copy protection but rather in developing a convinient tool to manage your installations, updates and licenses.
        It has become a base for all products.
        However, making a weak protection does affect the future of smaller companies.

Davy

Comment

Vue for 3dsmax is not a stable thing as far as can tell trying to use it. having issues with the 64bit version currently crashing all the time - but that might be due to something on my system... So i look forward to MDO Plants very much
          sigpic

Comment

Agree with Bakbek Vue sucks *ss. It can give you very good result but it can also decide to fail during save or crash and corrupt your file. The last project I had with Vue had over 100 incremental save files just to give a backup to the corrupting.

Comment

I agree as well. Even if Vue suddenly started "working" properly, the trees look SO bad up close, that its useless for me for anything more than a far distance shot. And even if you did use it for that you would have to try to match the visual look between the two passes. Vray proxies/instances work so much better for this, IMHO.

Regards,
              Mike
              http://mikebracken.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

We worked the last 2 weeks on the MDO Manager to offer as much features as possible.

One extra feature still in progress is a deploy command for your render farm (small and large) to keep your farm updated at all time.
                Other important features from the MDO Manager include install, update, uninstall, activate, deactivate, workstations and bugs.
                The bugs feature is to easily deploy fixed bugs to users when they report a bug until we solved the issue.

MDO Manager - Full control 24/7

MDO Plants pre-release available

mdo.emecstudios.com

Davy

Comment

What is the difference between the pre release version for $99 and the 1 year of support for $199?

Comment

Originally posted by devin View Post
                    What is the difference between the pre release version for $99 and the 1 year of support for $199?
                    A support plan is a final license.
                    A presales license is what you can buy now and once we go final, you get a discount of €99 on a support plan of choice at that time.

The 3 support plans are to show you the options you have after presales.

Davy

Comment

Wow, still no pics of plants other than a bunch of sunflowers. Yea that wind animation looks pretty sweet but I'm amazed you call the plant a pinus, it's nothing like any pine tree i've ever seen. If I understood right there's no option to create your own plants from the scratch so we rely on your interpretation of how a pine tree looks like? Some screenshots of how wide areas you can cover and info on memory usage would be pretty nice. I'm sorry if I sound rude it's just I've been browsing your exhaustive amount of screenshots of plain menus trying to figure out what everyone's getting so excited about.
                      Ville Kiuru
                      www.flavors.me/vkiuru

Comment

Originally posted by yyk View Post
                        Wow, still no pics of plants other than a bunch of sunflowers. Yea that wind animation looks pretty sweet but I'm amazed you call the plant a pinus, it's nothing like any pine tree i've ever seen. If I understood right there's no option to create your own plants from the scratch so we rely on your interpretation of how a pine tree looks like? Some screenshots of how wide areas you can cover and info on memory usage would be pretty nice. I'm sorry if I sound rude it's just I've been browsing your exhaustive amount of screenshots of plain menus trying to figure out what everyone's getting so excited about.
                        We can't judge our product, it will be done by the customers, but we are proud of what we accomplished and hope it is a great product for a great price. It combines a lot of features together in one convinient package.

The Pine example is a proof of concept. Plants will come in packs and wil have options for adjustments. We can cover a lot, hopefully as much as you ever need. You can choose a specie and adjust to your taste. WacoPlants are software models and can get extra features or adjustments based on user input.
                        We can easily release WacoPlants as a seperate product but we are not !

We are confident we offer MDO Plants at a very competitive price.

Larger covered areas and more samples as well as demonstration movies are on the way. Demos take time to prepare and we were focused on pre-release.
                        Some people like screenshots, others do not but we have to give an overview of available options.

MDO is a serious project and we belief in our approach to let it grow over time with user interaction on a continuous development base at a "very" competitive price.
                        That will make MDO succeed.

Davy

Comment

Just make sure you release a max2009 version soon and i am happy
                          www.short-cuts.de

Comment

"Pre-sales available now"...................just 99 Euro

So it is finally available? Can't wait to see some impressions!
                            Ben Steinert
                            pb2ae.com

Comment

Wish I could justify a 3dsmax upgrade to try this...

Comment

Originally posted by voltron7 View Post
                                Wish I could justify a 3dsmax upgrade to try this...
                                What version do you need? We are currently building max 2009.

Davy

Comment

Working...
                                X