No announcement yet.

3ds Max Indie for $250 per year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indie users dont automatically get the "updates" full Max users get. You will have to get them by other means.

As for Adesk knowing if you qualify by your earning, they are trusting that you are being honest about how much you earn.

there is an interview with Nicolas Fonta , head of Product management, in 3Disciple magazine (https://3disciple.com/) where they talk a bit about Indie. Well worth a read. The magazine is great too.

Comment

Originally posted by hoppergrass View Post
      Just a thought, unless you are truthful and tell them, how would Adsk know how much you earn? contact the tax office?
      I assume that they ask for your profit-loss statements. Maybe a credit pull gives the information that they need. Has anybody taken advantage of this yet?
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

No questions asked in my purchase at all, totally on the honour system. If you were using a big company's email address maybe their sales / legal team might get in touch though....

Comment

I think the issue arises if they check. If you don't supply the info they can then cancel the sub. It's more a question of how often will they actually check.

I had that with Quixel, I got an email asking whether I was a freelancer or studio. In my case it was during a period of moving from freelancer to studio so all was good.

Comment

I bought the Maya indie last year and no questions asked about company finances. I also just used my account to update from 2019 to 2020 and it gave me the upgrade, no issues at all.
            Website
            https://mangobeard.com/
            Behance
            https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

There is no way I am paying $1600 again, which is due in May. Maybe crashing MAX 2-3 times a day from 'not responding' will be more tolerable.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com
              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

2016 perpetual.... when that’s no longer usable i’ll Become a barista living out the rest of my time here where the heaviest question I have to ask all day long is “would you like room for cream?”

Comment

I finally went for it - cost me £294 for a year, plus I still have my 2020 perpetual copy as backup as well.

Now, all we need is V-Ray to be comparably priced as well
                  Jez

------------------------------------
                  3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                  Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                  ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Now, all we need is V-Ray to be comparably priced as well

I think the closing of the upgrade/render node pricing blog tells you all you need to know on that front

Comment

Working...
                    X