Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your rendering Rig images here... Lets see the beast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah mine is a GTX, im suprised that you are getting some very good numbers in 3dmar but i think that is a bit contributed to your "wound out" cpu

Either way as long as it plays well

Have you played BF2 on it? im curious as to hows your runs in that at 1600x1200 max everything and 4x AA

Comment

well im on a dell Ultra sharp 19" LCD at home...so no 1600x1200 for me But I did just order a 2nd 7800GT so I am exspecting to be able to post scores around 14,000 in 3DMark05. I should steal one of these 21" CRT's here form work and see what I can run... like at 1920 x 1440! ew that would be intresting.

On BF2 in Fraps..I am seeing scores on 1280 x 1024 @ 98-100 FPS
      Thanks
      Mathew Everett
      http://www.lappymats.com

Phillipians 4:13
      "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me."

Comment

heheh well since you like spending money so much... want to buy me another 7800gtx

Yeah that sounds similar to what i get. at 1600 i would average say 50-80fps.
        Were you running 4xAA?

Comment

Slightly off topic, though connected

I have a Shuttle box at home that I built for 'personal' use. The main reasons for buying were that it looked good, was small and was supposed to be quiet.

The thing is, there is always a loud fan blowing which makes a hell of a noise - it never seems to quiet down even when sitting idle for lengths of time. Its quite annoying really.

Spec:
          Barebones system: http://eu.shuttle.com/en/desktopdefa...70_read-10497/ - might be V1 though as I have had it a while
          Athlon 64 3500+ S939 512K
          1GB Corsair Pro ram
          Barracuda 7200 200GB SATA150
          16 x DVD combo
          AOpen Aeolus GeForce 6800GT 256MB card

Any ideas why it is so loud?
          Kind Regards,
          Richard Birket
          ----------------------------------->
          http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

The thing is, there is always a loud fan blowing which makes a hell of a noise - it never seems to quiet down even when sitting idle for lengths of time. Its quite annoying really.
            I cant imagine why anyone could advertise shuttles as truly being quiet. They have horribly restricted airflow that must be adressed using brute force. (very high speed fans)

Its one reason why Ive never purchased a shuttle. My towers sit underneath my table and take up space that would be wasted anyways. So I just dont see the advantage. NOW, having one and a nice flat panel for taking around to LAN parties might be another story though. Too bad I just dont game much anymore.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I suppose if they did towers that looked nice, I wouldn't mind. All these 'kevved up' Cosworth machines are just dreadful. I just like things that are made to be seen (and do it well). Apple macs are OK - its just the OS thats the problem. We have one of those Angle Poise macs at work - if only I could format it and put XP on it!
              Kind Regards,
              Richard Birket
              http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman
                I cant imagine why anyone could advertise shuttles as truly being quiet. They have horribly restricted airflow that must be adressed using brute force. (very high speed fans)
                Well my shuttles are loud (because there is 12 of them) but individually they are relatively quiet. There are only 3 fans, a small one on the chipset, one in the power supply that runs at a continuous speed, and one that serves as a case fan and the processor fan (by way of a radiator and "liquid metal" pipe like what Apple has begun dropping in the G5). That fan is actually off or at a very slow speed most of the time! The churning HD is much louder than the rest of the system combined. Stick a quiet drive in there, and its a pretty quiet little machine for its cost and especially size. After all, what you're paying for in the shuttles is the size. You could get a lot quieter with a tower and a watercooling setup.

Comment

Any other awsome rendering rigs out there? I have added a few to my line up!

have updated images of my Farm! in my office at home

A few of the newbies to my rendering madness!

My 2 new project Mini ATX towers

ANYONE want to BUY 1 Mini ATX case Unopened? it is by Antec and comes with a 9 in 1 card reader along with a few fans... like I said it is in box unopened
                  Thanks
                  Mathew Everett
                  http://www.lappymats.com

Phillipians 4:13
                  "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me."

Comment

Working...
                  X