No announcement yet.

Looks like war in Maxwell forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so its kinda like "we dont like what your saying about us so we willl delete it immediately no questions asked"

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Yeah, looking at Maxwell we are very lucky with the professionalism that Chaos conducts themselves with and what we have with Vray! Vray is constantly expanding. Look at the new features for 1.5 outlined at www.vray.info! I am sure we will see alot of those features when Vlado and the boys are happy with the next point release. Unlike NL, Chaos isn't going to release an unbaked release that is useless.
      rpc212
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Originally posted by rpc212
        Yeah, looking at Maxwell we are very lucky with the professionalism that Chaos conducts themselves with and what we have with Vray! Vray is constantly expanding. Look at the new features for 1.5 outlined at www.vray.info! I am sure we will see alot of those features when Vlado and the boys are happy with the next point release. Unlike NL, Chaos isn't going to release an unbaked release that is useless.
        The Maxwell forum used to be a nice place, even friendlier than this one. A lot of people are just deflated. Some feel cheated. Some are just busy chastising the people who are deflated and cheated for saying they feel deflated and cheated. I'm just tired and worried.
        Surreal Structures
        http://surrealstructures.com/blog

Comment

even friendlier than this one
          pfffffffffffffffff

j/k

Thorsten

Comment

it's only software

somehow i lost interest in evaluating buggy software. i'm glad that the current vray version is very predictable and doesn't crash.

i remember though that i almost went mad when i had to work with nextlimits horrid realwave software.

i don't ever want to use a nextlimit program again.
            Marc Lorenz
            ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
            www.marclorenz.com
            www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

I agree. IMHO the trouble with next limit software is that it is so brute force. Fluid dynamics and spectral rendering against the clock on current PCs without heavy optimisation is a lost cause. I think that is why they are called Next Limit, they are writing software that is limited by the fact that requires the next generation of PCs

Of course someone needs to push the envelope, research needs to be paid for and the bleeding edge is so named for a reason. Really I don't see what all the fuss is about, it isnt like next Limit promised a cure for cancer

Comment

Originally posted by plastic_
                i had to work with nextlimits horrid realwave software.
                totally agree...realflow is unstable, crashy, etc etc....and its version 3.1...wtf where they thinking?
                Dmitry Vinnik
                Silhouette Images Inc.
                ShowReel:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by frances
                  I'm just tired and worried.
                  Why worried? I have a strange suspicion they've got their chunk of cash to continue development and will eventually pull it together.
                  LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                  HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                  Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

ok, some of you maybe missed the point that next limit is the only CG company which is able to port software for pc, mac, linux und whatever os their framework is supporting... this is pretty impressive and shows that nextlimit is looking forward.

But have a look at the relation between vray and maxwell:
                    Nextlimit was also the first company which forced development in the singleexe direction and chaos was following this steps far too late.
                    Vray have now a skysystem(?) which was ignored by vlado for many month /years and i'm pretty sure that the reason for integrating the new vrayskysystem was the existing maxwells skysystem.
                    Vray uses now a new GI methode ...again ... without maxwell you wouldn't have this methode.
                    Maxwell was the first renderer which integrates a physical camera and since this was on the wishlist for many month for vray i would say that this is the reason why vray now have this feature too.

I don't work with nextlimit software, but i'm pretty sure that they point in the right direction with their software and vrayusers really benefit from nextlimit.

I also think that we shouldn't throw stones on nextlimit when we sit inside the glasshouse...
                    www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Dschaga
                      ...I also think that we shouldn't throw stones on nextlimit when we sit inside the glasshouse...
                      I could never fall in love with a bitch, even if she was the most beautiful woman on earth. But hey...everyone has its preferences

Comment

actually ppt isnt really that usable due to the render times to get it looking clean so basically im not sure if we could really thank maxwell for that. not only that but its part of light cache so we kinda had it there already. vlado just needed to make it unbiased.

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

But have a look at the relation between vray and maxwell:
                          Nextlimit was also the first company which forced development in the singleexe direction and chaos was following this steps far too late.
                          Are you referring to the standalone version? Im pretty sure vray has been developing that in one way or another before maxwell released theirs.

Vray have now a skysystem(?) which was ignored by vlado for many month /years and i'm pretty sure that the reason for integrating the new vrayskysystem was the existing maxwells skysystem.
                          I GUESS i could thank maxwell for essentially forcing vlado to develop a sun system, and pushing back 1.5 even further. Actually, Im not even really sure how much Ill be using the skysystem. Id rather use HDRI for my exterior lighting, but thats neither here nor there.

Vray uses now a new GI methode ...again ... without maxwell you wouldn't have this methode.
                          huh? you mean vray ppt? yeah, tell me, who here really uses it? I find it to be completely useless for production.

Maxwell was the first renderer which integrates a physical camera and since this was on the wishlist for many month for vray i would say that this is the reason why vray now have this feature too.
                          well, you might be right, but you have no idea what vlado did or didn't have in the pipeline for future vray features. Also, I doubt the vast majority of us vray users really need the camera. So many other things Id rather have first.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

ok, some of you maybe missed the point that next limit is the only CG company which is able to port software for pc, mac, linux und whatever os their framework is supporting
                            And Luxology.

Comment

isnt maya on pc, mac and linux too? which is now a discreet product? hehe and im not sure if xsi is on mac too but its on pc, linux, irix

Comment

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaming.
                                Dmitry Vinnik
                                Silhouette Images Inc.
                                ShowReel:
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                                https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Working...
                                X