No announcement yet.

FumeFX v1 out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever wonder how finalRender, Brazil and Vrayall came out soon after a major Siggraph paper came out on GI? Do you think the same may be true for Aura and Fume? Either way, having choices is cool... I'm just glad it is not a cebas product...

Comment

we need joe back into the office to check out his copy

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Tough - I'll be getting drunk and groping women tonight - I'll possibly swing by the office on the 27th or 28th though.

Comment

Got it up and running - it's fairly quick for simple stuff. On an older machine (a dual 3ghz xeon - that shouldn't have gotten outdated that quick :/) it takes a few seconds per frame for simple sims. For more complex stuff such as the corridor example here it can take around two hours for the simulation and with proper light scattering and so on it's around 30 seconds a frame for the render. Still getting the hang of it at the moment and haven't gone through all of the parameters.

Comment

can you post some shots of interface? is it a lot different from ui in aura (which im not a big fan of)
            Dmitry Vinnik
            Silhouette Images Inc.
            ShowReel:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

it doesnt run out of memory and crap out on ya does it? that was something i hated with aura back in the day.

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Apparently the same thing can happen but I havent seen it so far.

Comment

It does look marvellous.

I'm really keen to see how stable it is. Whenever I tried anything as complex as their examples in Aura the only smoke I managed to make was from the cpu catching fire.
                  MDI Digital
                  moonjam

Comment

joconnell, when u think u are ready, could you show us any animation done with fumeFx and vray? I think it would be extremelly usefull for us!

thanks!
                    My Youtube VFX Channel - http://www.youtube.com/panthon
                    Sonata in motion - My first VFX short film made with VRAY. http://vimeo.com/1645673
                    Sunset Day - My upcoming VFX short: http://www.vimeo.com/2578420

Comment

At the moment I'm just messing around with it, I'll be starting a proper ad using it on thursday so I'll get something up then by the latest.

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell
                        At the moment I'm just messing around with it, I'll be starting a proper ad using it on thursday so I'll get something up then by the latest.
                        may be a stupid question but can you create fluids with FumeFX or just fire and smoke?

-dave
                        Cheers,
                        -dave
                        ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Only Smoke and Fire. As said on the Private Support Forum.

Thorsten

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
                            Ever wonder how finalRender, Brazil and Vray all came out soon after a major Siggraph paper came out on GI? Do you think the same may be true for Aura and Fume?
                            From what I can say, it is not true either for V-Ray or Aura and I'm pretty sure it's not true for Brazil and finalRender either. (I know it for V-Ray, and references to finalRender being developed appeared long before it actually came out and even before Brazil started its development). It's not all Siggraph papers, you know

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1
                              may be a stupid question but can you create fluids with FumeFX or just fire and smoke?

-dave
                              Smoke and Fire ARE fluids.

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
                                Originally posted by Syclone1

-dave
                                Smoke and Fire ARE fluids.
                                ...says the smartass in the corner...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                                X