No announcement yet.

FumeFX v1 out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't there any demo or (30 days) trailversion available?

Couldn't find a thing about it

Comment

Not yet...announced for somewhen in January...we'll see *sigh*

Comment

Around the 15th apparently - turbosquid have the files, they just need to make an installer.

Comment

gee. where are the examples people!! get with it hehehe

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

sheesh! some of us are busy working elf!
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

its ace. heres test on my latest project.

dont feel the need for vray on this yet. all scanline, as a layer, then added to a comp. But to honest there isnt much geometry to interact with

http://www.the-neighbourhood.com/CGF...UFFBALL_05.mov

ill post some more stuff when its done. if peeps are interested. cant show the full thing as of NDA's. well not until march. when said console is released in europe.
              heres an earlier one

http://www.the-neighbourhood.com/CGF...E_WHEEL_01.mov
              Freelance TD/Generalist
              http://www.vanilla-box.co.uk

Comment

wow

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

nice stuff unknown.
                  I think maybe the temperature of the fire towards the end of the "firewheel" is a bit too much, you lose a lot of detail in the fire
                  Chris Jackson
                  Shiftmedia
                  www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

cheers.

ya the wheel sucks a bit. that was the first tihng i did as soon as i downloaded it. The final one will have a weeks more knowledge applyed to it. Still out of the box its great. But lots of aniamted maps and turbulance is needed to get exacly the correct result you are after.

big respect to afterworks.
                    Freelance TD/Generalist

Comment

Originally posted by unknown

dont feel the need for vray on this yet. all scanline, as a layer, then added to a comp.
                      Definitely use vray to render - it doesn't give any advantage to the look but since you get to use undersampling it renders a hell of a lot quicker - take a frame that's maybe a minute in the scanline and switch over to vray - use the adaptive subdivision at -1,2 or even lower and it'll render much quicker - the scanline is brute force so it can't take any shortcuts in the simpler areas.

Comment

hi unknown, can you tell what's calculating/rendertime on wheel?
                        Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
                        www.shack.de

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell
                          Originally posted by unknown

dont feel the need for vray on this yet. all scanline, as a layer, then added to a comp.
                          Definitely use vray to render - it doesn't give any advantage to the look but since you get to use undersampling it renders a hell of a lot quicker - take a frame that's maybe a minute in the scanline and switch over to vray - use the adaptive subdivision at -1,2 or even lower and it'll render much quicker - the scanline is brute force so it can't take any shortcuts in the simpler areas.
                          ill give it a go! i wasnt really sure if vray would make any difference.

jonnybefree: it was a really low sim quality, so about 10mins, rendertime was about 10secs a frame. Im currently doing an HD size explosion, the sims times are around 8-12hrs on a 32bit machine. rendertimes, well i shouldnt think they will be more than 10mins a frame.
                          Freelance TD/Generalist

Comment

I want to play with it so bad

I have absolutley no reason to ever use it though, so I may be out of luck on this.

Comment

The trial should be out tomorrow apparently - the only thing that might delay it is turbosquid having problems with their installers...

Comment

Testing this thing at work. Nice. Realy a mix between aura and afterburn (about ui)...

BTW - I love x64 version Also love small tiny preview window. For several days been using fume, and no problems with vray (I wasn't doing smth great and big, as it slow, when it comes to biig papa calculations - no surprise btw ). Will try to compare aura and fume later. Old aura self-made fire picture (as aura doesn't work now ) and new fume Stay tuned

P.S. Slow in viewport
                                I just can't seem to trust myself
                                So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
                                ---------------------------------------------------------
                                CG Artist

Comment

Working...
                                X