No announcement yet.

Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see why they wanted that view. Probably because of the location.
    Originally posted by piotrus3333 View Post
    number 4 from second post: go back to 2-point-perspective school. always the most annoying thing for me.

you can easily do much better.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I might have screwed up itemizing things, because the modeling was 1/2 the work. Now, they probably expect 1/2 price.

Originally posted by piotrus3333 View Post
      true, models rarely help. although I sometimes get half decent sketchup model from architects.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

He said that I am significantly higher than what they are currently paying. Oh well, maybe next time .
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
          He said that I am significantly higher than what they are currently paying. Oh well, maybe next time .
          well no shit.... there's nothing special about the examples you posted. in fact they have the feel of "Get it done and move on because this wank client works with the classic wholesale mentality" which is; the more I can get by driving down price means I'm getting a better deal. Which there's nothing wrong with in principle when the price of a commodity is tied to a daily market rate and purchased in volume quantities and traded globally based on holdings and futures.

which is why you have to figure out what type of commodity you are. are you gold? silver? copper? corn? wheat? rice? sorghum? Are you a grain or mineral? Fruit or Vegetable? Are you raw or synthetic?

there's a macro and micro side to everything valuated and a lot of that is based on a giant web created by perception. -T

Comment

Hey Bobby, You work long hours for a high level of quality. The hourly rate for your product should be respected by the client, who often does not understand the time and effort involved. "Significantly higher" than what others charge is only the first salvo in negotiation. Did they make a counter offer?
            Last edited by rporter8555; 05-02-2016, 05:12 AM.

Comment

No, no counter offer. Tell you what, it almost feels good sticking too my guns on price. I don't need the work, so it is a luxury. When you stick to your guns, it gives you more credibility, I think. My goal is to do work so good, they'll want to pay extra for it. I am not there yet, but I am sure trying. I have had my clients say I don't charge enough and I have only lost a few due to price, so I know I am in the right ballpark.
              Last edited by glorybound; 05-02-2016, 10:22 AM.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

It's also funny that they are looking for a, "world class renderer" to render their mansions. They were not happy with what they have been getting and they want something much better, they saw my work on my site, and reached out to me. I don't know what the other guy charged, but his work is good; I guess they are not willing to pay more for something better. I would have to work awfully hard to do better then what they have, which I thought was really good, so I know I needed to get paid well for it. All the images on this page must have been done for well below $9500.

http://greystone-on-hudson.com/
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                  It's also funny that they are looking for a, "world class renderer" to render their mansions.
                  yeah, well, I must say that's very far from what I imagine being a "world class renderer"..

Comment

Maybe its just me but 10.000$ for just the exterior seems extremely pricey.
                    Cheers,
                    Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

Maybe, but they have huge houses, which would take a lot of work to model. Plus, all the landscaping and multiple views. I think it would consume a heck of a long time.

Originally posted by ralphr View Post
                      Maybe its just me but 10.000$ for just the exterior seems extremely pricey.
                      Bobby Parker
                      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

they are selling that house for 13 million...10K is nothing
                        show me the money!!

Comment

That's what I was thinking. When someone hires me I feel obligated to work my butt off to make them happy. If I didn't charge enough I would be one grumpy cat to work with. I charge enough so I am willing to work long hours, change things until they are happy, and at the end of the day, everyone is happy. If I am not paid enough, shame on me, and every change is done with an attitude.
                          Bobby Parker
                          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I don't think that it's a good idea to compare "they will sell it for 13 million , so i should charge 100k for single image". Your job is your job , you base your price on amount of job and its complexity , not based on final product value. if your price is not accepted - well either client thinks that your quality costs lower , or he does not need that high quality.
                            And i join ralphr - 10k is too much. And actually it is really simple modelling here. A lot of "sweep profile" , and simple poly modelling + couple of hours for texturing. This project could take not more than 5 days in my opinion. 1 day modelling building , 2 day texturing / details / materials , 3 day - environment , and 2 more days for rendering / approval of lighting and that kind of stuff (of course if client is not super peaky on lighting / composition , than it can take more time). But that's me I like your work , Bobby , though i still think that 10k is overpriced.
                            Available for remote work.
                            My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

depending of how many view...the job is the job but for this house needs more detail...specially windows treatments with some interiors, maybe a night/dusk shot with lights on, etc
                              show me the money!!

Comment

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
                                depending of how many view...the job is the job but for this house needs more detail...specially windows treatments with some interiors, maybe a night/dusk shot with lights on, etc
                                What kind of details ? I see almost the same windows everywhere with different height. If you model one keeping in mind that you will need to change the height / width - you can fill the whole house with it in an hour. And if you have Railclone and know how to properly use it - you can fill whole house within minutes

And you know - to charge more is never a bad thing ! Damping - that's the worst thing to do.
                                Available for remote work.
                                My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Working...
                                X