Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else making the jump to Affinity Photo ? It never ceases to amaze !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else making the jump to Affinity Photo ? It never ceases to amaze !

I purchased Affinity Photo for less than 20GBP and thought I'd spend some time this weekend learning it......

It never ceases to amaze me how well thought out this piece of software is..... it's friggin' awesome !

For example, I learned that you can pretty much use ALL your Photoshop Plugins with it !

Just let it know where the PS plugins reside.

I mean, how cool is that !?!!!

Affinity Photo - the Photoshop slayer !
    Last edited by JezUK; 20-03-2017, 04:17 AM.
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Tried it a couple months ago and it sure is great.

One info that is not on ther site and that maybe somebody here on the forum would know; What is the scripting language for Affinity?
    We have quite a few Photoshop in-house tools that we would need to replace if switching, and knowing their 'scripting openness' would be great.
    Alain Blanchette
    www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Originally posted by thablanch View Post
      Tried it a couple months ago and it sure is great.

One info that is not on ther site and that maybe somebody here on the forum would know; What is the scripting language for Affinity?
      We have quite a few Photoshop in-house tools that we would need to replace if switching, and knowing their 'scripting openness' would be great.
      This is still in the works... I can see a logic for having javascript as the language but I hope it's Python. People need to keep shouting at them to add it to be better than Photoshop!
      Maxscript made easy....
      davewortley.wordpress.com
      Follow me here:
      facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

google NIK for example will work with it ?
        http://gamma22.com/
        https://www.facebook.com/gamma22com/
        https://gumroad.com/gamma22

Comment

Originally posted by eligiusz View Post
          google NIK for example will work with it ?

Yes it will
          Jez

------------------------------------
          3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
          Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
          ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Well I like what they say on the front page: "No subscription. Just $49.99"
            http://gamma22.com/
            https://www.facebook.com/gamma22com/
            https://gumroad.com/gamma22

Comment

Jip, made the jump last year when it was still in Beta, very happy with it
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_Wortley View Post
                This is still in the works... I can see a logic for having javascript as the language but I hope it's Python. People need to keep shouting at them to add it to be better than Photoshop!
                Thanks for the info Dave
                Alain Blanchette
                www.pixistudio.com

Comment

I also bought it and need to learn more about it, but so far my impression is that it's very good. I don't love subscription based plans, prefer to own the app so affinity is great in that regard. I had no idea about it supporting plugins from PS, that's kinda huge. I wonder if it'll take my old Kai's power tools.... keke
                  Last edited by Deflaminis; 12-04-2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Well, most of PS plugins work but not all of them. For eg. Tiffen DFX just crashes Affinity Photo here. Now I'm using version 4 and haven't upgraded. Maybe the latest version do work fine, I don't know.

mekene

Comment

Originally posted by Deflaminis View Post
                      I also bought it and need to learn more about it, but so far my impression is that it's very good. I don't love subscription based plans, prefer to own the app. (I know, I know...) I had no idea bout it supporting plugins from PS, that's kinda huge. I wonder if it'll take my old Kai's power tools.... keke
                      Don't say "know, I know"!
                      Your position should be the rule, not the exception. Subscription is consumer-hotile, shareholder friendly.

Comment

Unless, of course, they get millions on board with the plans to switch to subscription
                        Originally posted by Richard7666 View Post
                        Don't say "know, I know"!
                        Your position should be the rule, not the exception. Subscription is consumer-hotile, shareholder friendly.
                        Bobby Parker
                        www.bobby-parker.com
                        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Need to try this one. After updating to cc 2017 after one year, I wonder if the guy behind max aren't behind photoshop. Needed to reinstall it because it wouldn't open anything... Sliding layer from file to file does'nt work (always take the wrong layers, com on, I've been doing that for years). Every year Adobe makes it worse, sad story.
                          http://www.3dna.be

Comment

I have been using Photoshop for 20 years and bought Affinity last week for some quick design work, and even though it was just an evening's work I won't be looking back anytime soon. Intuitive things that were missing in PS and have always bothered me seem to work smoothly in Affinity. Very impressed so far, but I don't know if there are any advanced features missing that I might need down the road, doesn't seem to be at least.
                            Rens Heeren
                            Generalist
                            WEBSITE - IMDB - LINKEDIN - OSL SHADERS

Comment

ok i didnt realise it was on pc too i just downloaded the trial, and opened a few of my chunky old psds to see if it worked. opens them fine it seems, apart from... wierd patches of black glitchiness that dissapear when you zoom in, but reappear when you zoom out again? anyone else experienced this? ive yet to register on their forum or plough through the bug reports to see if others have the same issue there.

Comment

Working...
                              X