No announcement yet.

New Renderer from NextLimit, Maxwell Render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you seen the three animations on their website? The ball refraction isn't even right. I thought they mentioned physically correct materials

The changing daylight animation isn't convincing either...
    You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Yeah these animations don't do them any good at all...
      Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

put up or shut up.

It might be intriguing (and revealing) if we were to replicate one of Maxwell Renders' gallery images by developing a new scene and rendering it with Vray.

The manhole cover would be a good one to copy.

Any takers?

Comment

Can you post a link to the high res image on their site? I don't know which one you're referring to.

wouter
          Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

that'd be this one:

http://www.maxwellrender.com/gallery...dof/dof01.html
            You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

I asked for a demo and they said i could buy it ...... yeah right
              Natty
              http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

That image looks good because it has good textures (like most part of the maxwell images). The gallery imo shows not a great renderer, but great textures!

Comment

It might be intriguing (and revealing) if we were to replicate one of Maxwell Renders' gallery images by developing a new scene and rendering it with Vray.
                  Sorry, maybe i don´t understand it it but you're talking about something like that...

mmmm i was talking about this one:

http://www.maxwellrender.com/gallery...ch/Arch02.html

Comment

Originally posted by flipside
                    That image looks good because it has good textures (like most part of the maxwell images). The gallery imo shows not a great renderer, but great textures!
                    I have to 100% agree.

Comment

sorry i dont get it ... whats good about it .. compared ?
                      Natty
                      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

sorry i dont get it ... whats good about it .. compared ?
                        sorry only about vray capabilities... (compared to maxwell ones)

jojo7077 were talking about to replicate one of the maxwell render's gallery images.

Regards,

Jorge.

Comment

Sorry...perhaps it was a silly idea.

It essentially amounts to something akin to a challenge, doesn't it?

To make a comparative analysis, one would require identical models, or facsimiles thereof accounting for geometry. Anything short of that would be an unfair comparison.

Comment

I don't understand either! He did the render with vray

Comment

To clarify, I was advocating that as an exercise, someone reproduce the elements in one of Maxwell Renders images; i.e; the manhole cover. From that re-creation forum user could try their hand at replicating the "look and feel" attained in the gallery image on the Maxwell site.

I backed off in my last post after realizing that that really amounts to nothing more than a "challenge". Challenges are great, and they certainly do aid in evaluating the merits of the commercially available render engines, but they aren't of any value if they don't share a common dataset or 3D model.

I was helped greatly by similar on-line challenges some time ago when I needed to investigate the possibilities associated with the Brazil Rendering System, then in its alpha stage of development. I could see that it evidenced superior potential astride the scanline renderer inside Max. It was a worthwhile exercise and helped me a lot. I have since relied on Vray for obvious reasons.

Now, it would be an entirely different kettle of fish if we had one of their models. That is not likely to become a reality.

I'm like so many of you; I love to look and ask questions, but when the deadlines loom I revert to what works best for my clientbase and profitability.

I must offer in closing that the great majority of those clients we serve do not give a tinkers damn about the issues we think are important. If it looks vaguely "real", they are satisfied. Even architects who require lighting studies to pacify concerns about lighting design do not rely exclusively on what we can offer them. They are beholden to rely on the evidences of qualified lighting design consultants, not 3D visualization/proof-of-concept sorts.

Maxwell looks like a respectable product and worthy of further attention.

Comment

I asked for a demo and they said i could buy it ...... yeah right
                                I was said a demo would be available in 1-2 weeks. That was three weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X