No announcement yet.

maxwell Render - first facts and screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think it would be great to be able to pick a time and place and have vray setup a sun and appropriate skylight multiplier, color etc...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman
      i think it would be great to be able to pick a time and place and have vray setup a sun and appropriate skylight multiplier, color etc...
      yeah, I'd like that as well...

paul.

Comment

The only think it will not be able to do is chromatic aberrations.
        oula ! i do not think that Maxwell is able to do this...its purpose is i think mainly for CGI artist and not for accurate light simulations...for sciences...
        but maybe i'am wrong...finish can maybe correct this ?

Comment

Same wish here... including gradient color ramps as a result of the location/date/time setup (and why not some fog and haze too).

Comment

"premature optimiszation is the root of all evils". that's something to consider too.
            Yap, well, must be Vray is evil!

Comment

Maxwell's site is down

Comment

As far as I've been told from Maxwell testers (yes, there are some), it seams to be very slow.

I rember my self when FinalRender Stage 1 was in early alpha, everybody said that is so slow. It hasn't improved much since then. On the other side there was Vray and from the very first builds it was extremly fast. So, the point is clear, there is always a way to become slower. But, faster? Never seen that.

regards,

robert

Comment

"premature optimiszation is the root of all evils". that's something to consider too.
                  Yap, well, must be Vray is evil!
                  I believe Steve was referring to "evil" as in towards the programmer, in the form of more work

--Jon

Comment

I believe Steve was referring to "evil" as in towards the programmer, in the form of more work

--Jon
                    Oh, right, my bad. Was just joking...

Comment

I know, so was I but I also meant to quote finish. no bad

--Jon

Comment

Robert, fR-1 is not slow....in interiors is faster than Vray, the light distribution is better and you don't have to put extra lights to fake the skylight illumination....I use both (fR & Vray) and I'm still doing more testings.
                        show me the money!!

Comment

Max can already do this (at least the sun part). Check out the daylighting system.

Comment

i have but its not exactly the same is it?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

of course it's kind of basic in comparaison to maxwell, i think...

Comment

Originally posted by flino2004
                                Robert, fR-1 is not slow....in interiors is faster than Vray, the light distribution is better and you don't have to put extra lights to fake the skylight illumination....I use both (fR & Vray) and I'm still doing more testings.
                                Hi there,

hmm.. I did intensive test as well.
                                And sorry.. but I can´t agree with any argument of you.

Interiors are much faster with vray !
                                http://sorceress.netfrag.org/optix/vray_test/indoor.avi
                                this was rendered with vray DR rendering on 5 machines
                                (dual p3 500.. nothing special) pal resolution with a rendertime
                                of about 2 minutes per frame !
                                Show me something similar with FR.

About the light distribution !
                                The vray "Hyper Gi" looks much more washed out than any
                                other gi I have seen (well... radiosity and photonmapping might be worse)
                                FR Image Gi might look more detailed out of the box. But if you tweak
                                vray a little (delone triangulation for example) you get it as detailed as FR.
                                (and much faster)

What do you mean with an extra light to fake the skylight illumination ?
                                Well you can use a vraylight as skylight portal but you don´t have to.

cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X