This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tricks/Tutorial Requests Here

Hi I would like to request if anyone has done a photo-realistic table lamp (or standing lamp) rendering, because as far as I browsed in the forum (especially the gallery forum) nobody has ever accomplished something like the 3D below (see the table lamp). I maybe wrong because I have just browse about 50% of artworks in gallery forum(for which most of them didn't have any photo-realistic table/standing lamp with lights turned on implemented).

That is what my skilled friend has done in 3dsMax (Thanks to him I was allowed to share his 3D here), in which I find that its easy to achieve a nice lamp fixture in 3dsMax compared to sketchup (maybe thats why almost no one ever try to fully utilize table or standing lamps in their interiors?). If anyone's interested in helping me to do this, I will help too by sharing what he did in 3dsMax to achieve that lamp effect below.

Fake Lighting
    1. Go to lighting, create vray light, use the sphere light, reduce the size to realistic shape.
    2. Change the color to yellowish, multiplier could be 100 or 200
    3. Go to material, create the material of vray2sidedmaterial, always choose discard for the notification
    4. Change the front material button to the new vraymaterial which you need to change its color to the same yellowish color.
    5. Tick the back material, copy the front material to the back.
    6. Note : remember to override material and exclude the lighting fixture objects by the override exclude in the render setting.
    7. Apply the vray2sidedmaterial to the lamp fixture.
    Acer Predator G5910 FTW!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4GHz
    16GB RAM Windows 7 64-bit OS
    SketchUp 8.1 & V-Ray for SketchUp 1.49.01

Comment

Hi diditzzz,
      I've made a lamp pretty close to your reference. It might help you: http://forum.asgvis.com/index.php?to...38562#msg38562
      www.Top3Dstudio.com
      SU 8
      VfS 1.48.89
      Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Does anyone have a good Mac OS X Sketchup for VRay tutorial?

Does anyone have a good Mac OS X Sketchup for VRay tutorial?

The other tutorials I have found on youtube are for older versions and are for Windows.

The Church of Light file is good but is there a written tutorial that goes with it?

Cheers,

Wm

Comment

the same code is behind both Windows and Mac versions of our plugin. Workflow is 99% the same as it was in the previous release (1.05.30). There are some changes here and there, but for the most part any tutorials you find for 1.05.30, should still apply to the current version.
          Best regards,
          Devin Kendig
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi
            You can try this video tutorial.

http://software.asgvis.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&It emid=439&Cctitle=20091124+|+SU+2Sided&limitstart=6

Best

Comment

Fernando,

Thanks, that's a great video. Where are the files you were using?

Cheers,

Wm

Comment

Hi all, I'm Tue Nguyen, Vietnamese. I can not load the settings in the v-ray 1.48.66, it looks like the image in the attachment I sent, how people see and help me, please

Comment

I'd like to ask a hand in two specific topics:

1 - I have tried working with ortographic camera, but I never manage to get the right proportions. I don't know how to set the cylinder height, so any explanation or a link to a tutorial would be very welcome!

2 - Color mapping: i know you can use it to regulate the way you show an interior and the exterior through a window, without having a burned image through the window. I haven't found a good explanation on how to use it though, so any tip on this would be appreciated.

I am using the new version of vray.

Thanks in Advance,
                  Michael

Comment

I am new to forums, old to sketchup, so apologies if this ends up in the wrong place.
                    I am having trouble adding dirt to a texture map, as the map which provided the texture is replaced by dirt. If I add the texture to the white colour, the uv map goes into freefall and is very small so I have to guess at a tile factor to get it back up to size.
                    Even if I add dirt as a second layer with a transparency it still messes up the uv.

Is there a simple way to do this? I can add dirt to a colour just fine, I just want to make dirty bricks. Fernando in his great vids does not provide a clear answer on this.

Regards,
                    Paul

Comment

plz i want a tut. about the DOF and how to control it's settings from the scratch,
                      thx.

Comment

dear vray user,

i dunno if this was wrong place to submit thread or not (probably need to submit it on sketchucation.com as well), but can somebody please teach me how to set a carving material.

what i mean is: i have the wood material on an object but i want to make a displacement on it with other images, how do we set this issue?

i already try with just put the displacement on it, it is work, but how to set the position of displacement map, coz it is not at the place it should be?

thanks

Comment

Hi i'm the new guy here Can someone help me with my exterior renders? S: These are my nightmare I had so many problems with the trees, brushes and grass I don't know what to do my models looks like they are floating in the space. :-\ Please if someone help me. Thanks. My vray version is 1.48

PS
                          Sorry but I think my english is so baad
                          I'm from mexico and i'm studying architecture ;D
                          Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico

Comment

@cesar

you can find recorded webinars on asgvis.com under sevices tab.
                            There's a tutorial there by fernando on vray for rhino but then can also be applied to vray for sketchup

here's the link
                            http://software.asgvis.com/index.php...184&Itemid=486

Comment

@artu

Thanks artu soon I'll post my first exterior.. :P
                              Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico

Comment

How to render this part and use displacement at same time?

the trick is that the lower part of rain tailrace has to be on top of the roof material and upper part below. As displacement raises the surface the tailrace will look like it is below roof material.

J6mpsikas

NB! The picture is example and does not show my problem. It is how i want my roof to look like.

Comment

Working...
                                X