Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All licensing systems down! Can't render anything!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These licensing issues must be causing you folks at ChaosGroup some degree of panic as well. We understand. Glad to see it's back online.

Having said that. Why do 2 minute glitches your license servers cause us problems the instant they go down ?
    I would have thought there would be some time buffer allowed in the system.
    If my license was valid two minutes ago, surely it should be valid until tomorrow. By all means have the license server phone home as many times a day as it likes, but only cut us off if it's been unable to verify for an extended period.

Comment

Restarted VLR service and then logged out and back into my.chaosgroup.com but still have broken licenses & license server pages. Local license server is showing correct licenses & is running correctly (5.2.2)

I just want to download the offline.bin file again for my licenses to cover any future outtages of online licensing.

Comment

works normally for me

Comment

Originally posted by ricoholmes View Post
          These licensing issues must be causing you folks at ChaosGroup some degree of panic as well. We understand. Glad to see it's back online.

Having said that. Why do 2 minute glitches your license servers cause us problems the instant they go down ?
          I would have thought there would be some time buffer allowed in the system.
          If my license was valid two minutes ago, surely it should be valid until tomorrow. By all means have the license server phone home as many times a day as it likes, but only cut us off if it's been unable to verify for an extended period.
          Thanks for the support - I wouldn't say it a panic attack, we are prepared for such cases and know how to tackle them so we are just doing our job.
          Thanks for the provided feedback, I'll make sure it will reach the right people at Chaos Group.
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Svetlozar, I have switched my license server back to 5.1.2 after reading the 5.2.2 has issues with offline mode and the offline licensing is now working as expected. However the my.chaosgroup.com pages have no change still. Will keep checking.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Ellis View Post
              Svetlozar, I have switched my license server back to 5.1.2 after reading the 5.2.2 has issues with offline mode and the offline licensing is now working as expected. However the my.chaosgroup.com pages have no change still. Will keep checking.
              Does it work as expected now?

Comment

License & license server pages are back on my.chaosgroup.com at last.

Comment

Glad to hear that!

Comment

Working...
                  X