Chaos Group to reveal V-Ray 1.5 at SIGGRAPH 2006, Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Group to reveal V-Ray 1.5 at SIGGRAPH 2006, Boston

The wait is nearly over! The first official pre-release of version 1.5 of the V-Ray renderer will be revealed at SIGGRAPH 2006 in Boston, USA.

Since this version requires a hardware lock (dongle) in order to run, V-Ray users will have to fill in a dongle request form. In order to do this, please log in to the support section on our site:

http://www.chaosgroup.com/support/

and follow the link to the dongle request form.

Those of you who are attending the SIGGRAPH exhibition in Boston will be able to get their dongles directly from us by specifying this in the dongle request form (fill in "SIGGRAPH" as the shipping address). We will begin shipping the dongles to all other users shortly after the SIGGRAPH conference is over.

We welcome you to SIGGRAPH booth #1014 (VisMasters and Chaos Group) where you can see V-Ray 1.5 in action, get your requested (free) dongle, learn additional information about Aura as well as see an overview of a new product that is about to be released - a sequence player.

We would also like to invite you to the V-Ray users meeting to be held as part of the VisMasters Design Visualization Conference on August 4th, 2006. For more details, please visit

http://dvc.vismasters.com/

V-Ray 1.5 builds on the existing foundation of the V-Ray rendering engine, extends its capabilities and adds many new features:

(*) Full render elements support inside 3dsmax with nearly 30 render elements available;
    (*) Physically based sun and sky for simulating the natural daylight illumination of the Earth;
    (*) Physically based camera model with real-world parameters (exposure, distortion etc);
    (*) New material types (VRayBlendMtl for layering materials in an efficient manner, VRay2SidedMtl for simulating thin translucent surfaces, VRayFastSSS for simulating subsurface scattering in translucent materials like humnan skin, and more);
    (*) Detail enhancement for the irradiance map - a blend between the irradiance map and QMC GI to bring the best of both worlds;
    (*) Adaptive path tracing;
    (*) VRayDirt texture map for simulating dirt or ambient occlusion;
    (*) Improved distributed rendering;
    (*) Improved V-Ray virtual frame buffer;
    (*) Multi-platform SDK for extended virtually any part of the rendering engine;
    (*) and much more...
    Peter
    ...keep walking...

u just made my day!

thanks chaos team

...can t wait now...!
    Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
    nuno@ene-digital.com
    00351 917593145

Comment

WOAH!

SECOND POST!

Edit: Dongle request sent

Thanks team, you rock! I also look forward to being able to use vray from home

Edit 2: If we can pay for quicker postage, then I'll be in on that!

-- DJ

Comment

YES!!!!!!!!!

Did not belive that I will see 1.5 alive. THAT's a good surprise!!!

Comment

Great to hear! Congrats to the team! Well done...damnit why is there no applauding emoticon ? :P

Thorsten

Comment

Excuse me while I change my shorts! I think I'll get hammered tonight just for this occasion.... but really who needs occasions to get hammered....

Go ChaosGroup!

Comment

err, PRE-release?
              okok, just kidding!

Well done chaps!

Lele

Comment

Well done guys, you've done a fantastic job.

Comment

Great news guys. I'll be attending the exhibits - probably not the actual conference as I didnt know which conferences to attend and it's a $1000. Will you be distributing dongles at an exhibit booth?
                  LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                  HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                  Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
                    Great news guys. I'll be attending the exhibits - probably not the actual conference as I didnt know which conferences to attend and it's a $1000. Will you be distributing dongles at an exhibit booth?
                    Yes, this is what we meant - look for us at the VisMasters booth where you can get the dongle (free of charge since there is no shipping involved).

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

woohoo

nuf said

Comment

AWESOME !
                        www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Good news to start the day off right!

Comment

good news!!!!

dongle request sent

thanx guys