No announcement yet.

Chaos Group announces V-Ray 1.5 RC2 for immediate download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having just the *nix drivers wouldnt work, you will need the vrlservice app to run in *nix environment too. We will try and get one ready for the finals. However, the win platform for obvious reasons is the top priority.
    Peter
    ...keep walking...

Comment

Why the download if it can't be used?

Comment

Originally posted by TRGraphics
        Why the download if it can't be used?
        Many people got their dongles at Siggraph and they can use it. This number will increase obviously, as more people get the dongles.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,
          Does no means to work without dongle?
          bis

Comment

Originally posted by bis
            Hi Vlado,
            Does no means to work without dongle?
            I meant that this build requires a dongle to run. If you don't have a dongle, there is not much point in downloading and installing it yet. With that said, we are trying to get the dongles to everyone as soon as we can.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

nice one vlado!
              Chris Jackson
              Shiftmedia
              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by peter
                Having just the *nix drivers wouldnt work, you will need the vrlservice app to run in *nix environment too. We will try and get one ready for the finals. However, the win platform for obvious reasons is the top priority.
                ah so...wasn't thinking that far ahead, as usual
                Talk nerdy to me...
                ------------------------
                Matt English
                base2studios
                VizDepot.com moderator

Comment

So does that mean we will not get the installation cd with the help files on the disk when we get the dongle?

Comment

Vlado:

It would be good if there was a database/webpage that showed our order progress for the dongles, or perhaps an email to tell us that the dongle request was recieved. Perhaps you could confirm that our order request for dongles came through? (Company is The Juice in the UK)

I havn't receieved any emails from you for a while, I was wondering if there was a problem in that respect? Normally we get an annoucement via email.

Comment

with two license is dr supporting more than 10 nodes now?

Comment

with two license is dr supporting more than 10 nodes now?

Comment

two licenses means 20 DR slaves, no ?

Thorsten

Comment

Should we wait until final version is released instead of installing one of the RC's? should we expect some bug removal in the final or they will be essentially the same?
                            My Youtube VFX Channel - http://www.youtube.com/panthon
                            Sonata in motion - My first VFX short film made with VRAY. http://vimeo.com/1645673
                            Sunset Day - My upcoming VFX short: http://www.vimeo.com/2578420

Comment

Originally posted by TRGraphics
                              So does that mean we will not get the installation cd with the help files on the disk when we get the dongle?
                              Would you like to get one? We had not planned on this originally (the help index will be further updated), but then again it should not be a problem.

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by andyp7
                                It would be good if there was a database/webpage that showed our order progress for the dongles, or perhaps an email to tell us that the dongle request was recieved. Perhaps you could confirm that our order request for dongles came through? (Company is The Juice in the UK)
                                You should have received an automatic confirmation email that we have received your request. If you didn't get that, let us know either by email or phone.

I havn't receieved any emails from you for a while, I was wondering if there was a problem in that respect? Normally we get an annoucement via email.
                                Then you should probably check if your email server is not blocking emails sent from us.

Best regards,
                                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                                X