• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaForce
    You have waited so long already.. a couple more days wont kill ya
    Not me but my postman ! LOL
    http://www.a-3d.fr

Comment

Comment

I can see the headlines: "Post office hijacked because of software dongle - White House spokesman states that this is not an Al Qaeda issue"
        Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

http://www.a-3d.fr

Comment

Dongle FAQ ?

Hi
            i have a question to the dongle but i think the FAQ site do not work anoymore.

Is it possible to use a vray license on different workstations with the dongle? For example if i take the dongle home can i use vray on my home computer with only the dongle plugged in ?

Regards
            H.Kroeber

Comment

Re: Dongle FAQ ?

Originally posted by h.kroeber
              Hi
              i have a question to the dongle but i think the FAQ site do not work anoymore.

Is it possible to use a vray license on different workstations with the dongle? For example if i take the dongle home can i use vray on my home computer with only the dongle plugged in ?
              Absolutely, that is the main reason for that.

Best regards,
              nikki Candelero
              .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

I am also a bit upset about the dongle process. I recieved an email saying you recieved my request, but then no further emails. Alot of people got theirs at siggraph, but still no news.
                I called yesterday and the lady that answered the phone (didn't catch her name) made it sound like they were waiting for ALL the vray customers to submit a request for the dongles before they ordered them and started shipping. That could be months!

This is most definitely Not making us happy here.

Comment

waiting for ALL the vray customers to submit a request for the dongles before they ordered them and started shipping. That could be months!
                  that would be pure ludricious, there is no way they would do that to us, is there????????
                  no dongle yet by me, hope they used a decent shipping method.

Tom
                  Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

has anyone paid for their dongles yet??
                    did i miss something?
                    -joe
                    www.boxxtech.com

Comment

Originally posted by serge
                      with two license is dr supporting more than 10 nodes now?
                      ooh good question. Doesn't really matter though if your still running a windows version that allows more then 10 network sockets open at a time.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by tom182
                        waiting for ALL the vray customers to submit a request for the dongles before they ordered them and started shipping. That could be months!
                        that would be pure ludricious, there is no way they would do that to us, is there????????
                        I prefer to look at it this way: we have been patiently waiting a couple of years for V-Ray 1.5 to become totally finished and stable, as we are used to from Chaos Group products. Right now we are all happily using the latest beta, which is just fine for 98 percent of our present work. So I personally don't mind at all if Chaos Group chooses to wait until they've received all requests and ship our dongles in a few months. I can live without the very latest 1.5 additions for a few more months.

Just my $0.02.

Cheerio,

Metin

Comment

Metin_7
                          Right now we are all happily using the latest beta,
                          I dont think so, 1.47.03 is the only beta available to d/l that is of course unless Chaos will give other betas freely (since 1.5 was out) to anyone that emails them.

I'll happily wait another 2 weeks before it would get to me, however the logic of waiting for all users to request is farcical. i.e for arguments sake 1) one user is on a trekking holiday or
                          2) is laid up in hospital or
                          3) has a massive project that prevents them for upgrading for another 2 months (or longer)
                          why should any of the above affect other users?

Tom
                          Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

I can understand them holding back a little bit. Otherwise the might spend everyday going and posting yet another dongle.

Ideally they would like to post most of them at once.

Comment

So how are they judging when the cut-off period will be for all the requests?

Are they waiting to to hit say 10,000 requests before they can place a bulk order.. if so, I say start a "1.5 dongle thread" with a new post for every new dongle request

Comment

Originally posted by tom182
                                Metin_7
                                Right now we are all happily using the latest beta,
                                I dont think so, 1.47.03 is the only beta available to d/l that is of course unless Chaos will give other betas freely (since 1.5 was out) to anyone that emails them.

I'll happily wait another 2 weeks before it would get to me, however the logic of waiting for all users to request is farcical. i.e for arguments sake 1) one user is on a trekking holiday or
                                2) is laid up in hospital or
                                3) has a massive project that prevents them for upgrading for another 2 months (or longer)
                                why should any of the above affect other users?

Tom
                                Of course it would be more positive for us users if the dongles are distributed in phases, but I don't see what makes 1.5 so much better than 1.47.03. We can already make use of the most important new features such as the Light Cache. What is it that makes 1.5 so important to you, compared with 1.47.03? I just don't understand the sudden impatience after we have waited for the upgrade from 1.09 to 1.5 for years.

Comment

Working...
                                X