X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're welcome
    gomo.pl

Comment

hitting cancel to keep the old 2013 vray installation just cancels the whole installer....any other idea to keep 2013 an do an additional 2014 installation?
      Matthias

Comment

OK, here is the installation procedure, in order to get V-Ray 2.40.03 for both, 2013 and 2014. *) Start the installation and click next till reach the destination folder screen. *) Change "2013" to "2013" to all (4) fields *) Then click next till the Pop-up window, which says that this build is already installed. Click "OK". *) On the next step you need to click "Cancel" (the main installation panel). And confirm this on the next window. *) Finally press "OK" to continue with the installation.
        Daniel Black
        Archtagon LLC
        www.archtagon.com

Comment

Thanks Daniel. The install technique worked perfectly.

Comment

Just adding to say I'm experiencing some issues with using autokey and timeline scrubbing. Animating cameras and seeing random keyframes added to the timeline as I scrub past. Also experiencing max getting unreasonably slow while animating. Animating rotation on an object that has follow path position controllers makes the object position and keyframes go crazy.
            Signing out,
            Christian

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Trixian. Any more issues please post here so everyone can see.

I've only tried it very shortly and can confirm that the viewports are fantastic in general. MUCH smoother, quicker and more reliable. And the nitrous texture resolution issues are gone as far as I can see. 2D Pan and Zoom is extremely useful for super-accurate alignments for photo-montages etc. Very happy so far. Forest Pack and VRay playing nicely as far as I can see also.
              Alex York
              Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
              www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Is anyone else finding that max files saved with max 2014 are twice the size or more compared to 2013? I literally just opened a 2013 scene and saved it to a copy and it was over twice the size. It's not merged in any xrefs or anything and Cleaner is reporting nothing to clean... very odd.
                Alex York
                www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by alexyork View Post
                  Is anyone else finding that max files saved with max 2014 are twice the size or more compared to 2013? I literally just opened a 2013 scene and saved it to a copy and it was over twice the size. It's not merged in any xrefs or anything and Cleaner is reporting nothing to clean... very odd.
                  compress on save not on by default maybe?
                  www.peterguthrie.net
                  www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
                  www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Originally posted by peterguthrie View Post
                    compress on save not on by default maybe?
                    Now why didn't that occur to me earlier...! Yes, that's it.

So now the question - what's the current thinking on compress on save? I've heard issues with corrupt files and I have myself experienced that.
                    Alex York
                    www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Anyone else having a problem with the viewports setting themselves to something else? Meaning, "front" changes from front to some othographic view, but still says that its "front". This is happening constantly with all different views.

I find that in order to get it back into sync I have to go the viewcube and set it back to front, back or whatever its supposed to be. Then the view and name of view match.
                      Last edited by danb4026; 25-04-2013, 07:32 AM.
                      Daniel Black
                      Archtagon LLC
                      www.archtagon.com

Comment

Originally posted by danb4026 View Post
                        Anyone else having a problem with the viewports setting themselves to something else? Meaning, "front" changes from front to some othographic view, but still says that its "front". This is happening constantly with all different views.

I find that in order to get it back into sync I have to go the viewcube and set it back to front, back or whatever its supposed to be. Then the view and name of view match.
                        Not me but I'll keep an eye out for it.

What I am finding, however, is switching between full screen viewport and quads and back again is quite slow. There's a noticeable delay when switching.

EDIT: sometimes the delay goes away completely... seemingly randomly. Might be something to do with caching to the GPU etc. who knows.

I've also noticed that the MXD button to the top left (max's "Start" button as I see it!) isn't actually active in the top leftmost corner! Very irritating. You have to actively shift the cursor a little back over it to actively click it... really silly. Lots of Little Annoying Things as always.
                        Last edited by alexyork; 25-04-2013, 07:40 AM.
                        Alex York
                        www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Hi Vlado,

Any plans to release a specific VRay installer for 2014? At the moment the installation process is a little confusing

Best regards
                          http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

Vray 2014 comes around 1 month after AD release max/maya/etc.
                            CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Originally posted by DADAL View Post
                              Vray 2014 comes around 1 month after AD release max/maya/etc.
                              Would be nice to just get a reworked installer that deals with multiple max installations though. Would make deploying to nodes a lot quicker, although it works just fine.
                              Alex York
                              www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Yes, it's on the "to do" list.

Best regards,
                                Vlado
                                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                                X