No announcement yet.

3dsmax2014 FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have any impressions that it might be related with wireframe viewports or shaded?
    I recently found out that wireframe viewports are more slow than shaded ones (though I am on 2012). But when I am with 4 viewports and if all wireframe, they are very slow. When I turn them into shaded viewport, I experience significant speed.
    for my blog and tutorials:
    www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

Originally posted by pixela View Post
      Do you have any impressions that it might be related with wireframe viewports or shaded?
      I recently found out that wireframe viewports are more slow than shaded ones (though I am on 2012). But when I am with 4 viewports and if all wireframe, they are very slow. When I turn them into shaded viewport, I experience significant speed.
      Is your anty aliasing disabled in wireframe? This might be the reason why its slower.
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Originally posted by duke2 View Post
        I noticed there's some new vector map that allows you to load and use vector files as textures. Does that work with vray?
        It does not appear to work with VrayDisplacement

Comment

Hm, that would be odd... do you have a scene? Or some steps to set this up (I haven't used the vector map yet).

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by DADAL View Post
            Is your anty aliasing disabled in wireframe? This might be the reason why its slower.
            Shouldn't be the opposite- disabling anti-aliasing should increase speed. No?
            www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

Wireframe display is always slower, it's got to do more. You're drawing a line per edge, as opposed to a single triangle.

Comment

Are there any instructions somewhere how to install Vray for max 2014? Do we install vray for 2013?
                www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

hi,

You can check this thread:
                  http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...268#post578268
                  We will have a dedicated 2014 installer, yes. It should be available in the beginning of May.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  Post #28 will help if you want to use V-Ray 2.4 build on Max 2014.
                  Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                  Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
                    hi,

You can check this thread:
                    http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...268#post578268

Post #28 will help if you want to use V-Ray 2.4 build on Max 2014.
                    Thank you
                    www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

Is there still no word yet on the actual 2014 installer? We've been waiting to install the real thing on our farm to avoid conflicts between versions.
                      Last edited by joelly3d; 15-05-2013, 05:46 AM.
                      -Joel E
                      https://www.biglittlepictures.com

Comment

There are a couple of issues that we still need complete. They are not specifically related to 3ds Max 2014, but we need to do them. One is support for MultiScatter in V-Ray RT which is mostly done, and the other one is support for AMD cards for the OpenCL engine, which is a bit more problematic.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Okay Thanks Vlado. We can save back to 2013 for farm rendering in the meantime since it seems to work fine. We have updated to Max 2014 with the Vray 2013 installer because the Max 2014 viewports are so much faster. We just didn't want to do that on our farm yet since it has more dependencies. Sorry for growing impatient, I know this is extremely complicated stuff and you guys always put out solid releases that are worth waiting for. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
                          -Joel
                          -Joel E
                          https://www.biglittlepictures.com

Comment

You can also email us to vray@chaosgroup.com - our support guys can get you the current build for 3ds Max 2014, but it won't be the official one which will include the two features above.

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by danb4026 View Post
                              Anyone else having a problem with the viewports setting themselves to something else? Meaning, "front" changes from front to some othographic view, but still says that its "front". This is happening constantly with all different views.

I find that in order to get it back into sync I have to go the viewcube and set it back to front, back or whatever its supposed to be. Then the view and name of view match.
                              Yep, I have this exact same problem. I haven't figured it out yet. 'L' sends me to some other view than left.

EDIT: But only sometimes, I might add.

Comment

A bit annoying isn't it? Still no fix.
                                Daniel Black
                                Archtagon LLC
                                www.archtagon.com

Comment

Working...
                                X