Important V-Ray 1.5 announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im still a little confused peter said that
    VFB and rich set of extra-channel export is already there.

Does this mean that render passes are now included like diffuse, shadow, reflection,etc. etc.

I just downloaded the new build and cant get VFB to work?

Comment

My faith in the development of Vray has been reaffirmed.

These are the declarations I've been waiting for!

V Miller

Comment

Very good news

thanks guys

good week end

Vince
        Architecture & design Sàrl
        global solution for architecture
        www.architecture-design.ch

Comment

Heres a question: Way back when i the time of dinosaurs, we were told there would be printed manuals and cds for vray 1.1. Now I dont really need that stuff as its just easier to get latest updates from web, but was just wondering what happened to that. Oh and Id love to resurrect the vray t-shirt idea!

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

This is all wonderful news, and I am sure it is much appreciated by all of your loyal users.

Just one question on my part. Are the internal builds going to be available on the other MAX platforms, such as 4? I have not been able to try out the internal version yet because we only have VIZ 4 here at work. I tried the MAX 5 version with VIZ 4, hoping that there were options in the installer for other versions.

Is it a time consuming process to make it compatible on the seperate versions of max? If so, please do not make it work with the other versions of MAX/VIZ if it means delays for the final version of VRay. I am willing to comprimise in that respect as should the MAX 6 community. I am sure that you already have figured this out though.

Either way, I can't wait for May.

Thanks for a good start to my weekend!

Benjamin
            -PBA Architects-
            Ben Steinert
            pb2ae.com

Comment

So does this mean 1.1 isnt going to happen ?
              and are we going to have DR for max6 soon ?
              Natty
              http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

finally a light at the end of a long tunnel.
                What to do to get the prerelease? Writing a mail to which adress, what subject and what text?
                Would be glad to test the thing.

regards,

robert

Comment

As promised - more and more updates will follow. VFB and rich set of extra-channel export is already there.

Our plans are to keep V-Ray as tightly integrated into 3dsmax as possible - for performance and compatibility reasons - various plugins etc.
                  very good news !!!

can't wait to test that

thanks for the vray team

Comment

Manual

I for one thing would also like to see manual current with shipping version, PDF will be fine. If it looks like the one Vlado was floating around while ago, it would be fabulous.

Comment

good news !
                      even though free upgrades are cool, if a financial contribution for the upgrade would speed up things....... i reckon more people then me would be willing to take that step.

free is fine, but money makes the world go around.

andré

Comment

Im still a little confused peter said that
                        VFB and rich set of extra-channel export is already there.

Does this mean that render passes are now included like diffuse, shadow, reflection,etc. etc.

I just downloaded the new build and cant get VFB to work?
                        Render passes/channels should be in 1.5, but it's not available now. The announcement said it will be available in the beginning of May.
                        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

having multiple material ID alpha channels would greatly speed up our workflow.
                          Digital Progression

Comment

Originally posted by DP
                            having multiple material ID alpha channels would greatly speed up our workflow.
                            You can already get custom alpha channels using vray + psd-manager(uses G-Buffer). I'm hoping the passes wil be based on the easy to use render elements, so one can use the Combustion export too.
                            Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Hi Dans

i may be wrong. But those channels based on the gbuffer right now doesnt seem to be antialiased, so i think they still arent good for productionworkflows.

so the new 1.5 will be a grate thing especially with the new dynamic raycaster.

Tom
                              Sascha Geddert
                              www.geddart.de

Comment

EGZ thanks for answering my question. But will vray support the combustion file format. Im guessing that if it renders out passes that it should? Besides they said they were going to tightly intergrate vray with max, and that would be pretty tight!

Comment

Working...
                                X